Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
S/o What does Lakewood HAVE
Previous  1  2

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 10:32 am
Houses nice size
Yards, grass , place for kids to play
Parks and lakes
Aside for the nice shopping, there’s parking! Many parking lots in shopping centers and also by wedding halls. Had to go to a wedding in Brooklyn last week and parked 5 blocks away in the freezing cold and dark. We’re so lucky that everything comes with parking.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 10:51 am
Affordable housing. Big one.

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 10:53 am
SuperWify wrote:
Affordable housing. Big one.

Not anymore

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 11:08 am
amother [ Brickred ] wrote:
Not anymore

I was waiting for someone to respond with this. Look around you, although pricing went up by a lot, it went up in the more expensive places as well (NY area, Monsey, LA, Florida, Deal ect). So that means pricing is still much lower in Lakewood and surrounding areas compared to many other big frum cities.

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 11:10 am
I haven't needed to parallel park since I passed my driving test! Which is good because I don't know how and what failed my driving test because of it.

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 11:11 am
SuperWify wrote:
I was waiting for someone to respond with this. Look around you, although pricing went up by a lot, it went up in the more expensive places as well (NY area, Monsey, LA, Florida, Deal ect). So that means pricing is still much lower in Lakewood and surrounding areas compared to many other big frum cities.

I’m actually not complaining. I’m a homeowner so it’s good for me. The house we bought in 2004 for $400,000 is now worth $1M. But you’re right, I’m not selling because where would I live?

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 2:34 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
I haven't needed to parallel park since I passed my driving test! Which is good because I don't know how and what failed my driving test because of it.

That’s a drawback for me. When I left Lakewood I had a very hard time getting used to it. Also, I left New Jersey and suddenly I need to fill up my own gas Sad (still haven’t done it yet. I make DH fill it. I can’t figure it out 😂.)

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 2:35 pm
amother [ Brickred ] wrote:
I’m actually not complaining. I’m a homeowner so it’s good for me. The house we bought in 2004 for $400,000 is now worth $1M. But you’re right, I’m not selling because where would I live?

Wow. You can sell it off and use it as a nice down payment anywhere…. Just saying.

On second thought wait another ten years and it will be worth a whole lot more.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 9:15 pm
I've only been to Lakewood a couple of times in my life. I have 0 family there!
I was just so impressed with the quantity of mosdos. Every corner had a shul, a cheder, a Bais Yaakov. It's really an Ir Shel Torah with lots of very special Jews.

amother
Broom

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 9:57 pm
penguin wrote:
Which is the restaurant with a fireplace?

Lamppost bistro has a cool fireplace too!

happytobemom

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 2:55 am
Thank you OP!
That other thread was getting me really nervous - why make a whole list of things we're missing? Especially (but not only) if there's so much we DO have!
Some things off the top of my head:
chessed
torah
convenience
shopping
lots of food
any Jewish product you can think of
chessed
so many mosdos
gemachim for anything you can think of
parking
nice houses
chessed
amazing neighbors
so many Rabbanim and great people
lakes and parks
wonderful atmosphere
ummm...
chessed!
torah!

That's all for now... Smile Smile

chanasmom

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 5:24 am
Well. My grandchildren. (Their parents come in a close second lol.)
Besides for that, there’s tons of shopping, and the draw over Brooklyn is that there are parking lots! Also no mask mandate yet in NJ. We live about an hour from Lakewood and don’t feel that relocation is appropriate for us, but I think I’d like living there.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries