Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Arizona house rental
Previous  1  2

amother
Snowdrop

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 8:02 pm
Labella pizza sells pizza and sushi

https://www.labellakosher.com/

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 3:20 pm
What is the Mikvah policies in Arizona these days? How much in advance do I have to schedule? And do they let non-locals use the Mikvah?

amother
Snowdrop

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 4:09 pm
Chabad let's anyone in.
Litvish also.
Both has info on the website

amother
Jasmine

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 4:13 pm
call the chabad make arrangements and make a donation

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 4:14 pm
amother [ Snowdrop ] wrote:
Chabad let's anyone in.
Litvish also.
Both has info on the website

Thank you. OK, just checked, and the litvish one says bring a bathrobe in addition to two towels. As I am travelling, I will not have a bath robe with me, just towels. Would that be a problem?

jflower

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 6:32 pm
http://manhattanpizzeria.com

Best pizza in Phoenix. There's a bit of a wait but it's worth it.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 8:02 pm
They have towels and robes.
You don't need to bring anything. They just started letting you prepare there

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 8:07 pm
Anyone know if there are any gluten free food options in any of the eateries in Scottsdale or Phoenix? Any place that can accommodate gluten free?

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 9:01 pm
They have towels and robes.
You don't need to bring anything. They just started letting you prepare there

Snowdrop -- Thank you! That's really good to know.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 9:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone know if there are any gluten free food options in any of the eateries in Scottsdale or Phoenix? Any place that can accommodate gluten free?

Following...

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 9:09 pm
Here is a great house in Phoenix.

Posting link from vrbo.com as Airbnb is not loading, it's on Airbnb as well.

https://www.vrbo.com/1301805?a.....52955

The dates I put in are not accurate so hope its available.

What type of Shul are you looking for? There are 5 Shuls within 5 minutes walking distance?

Hi Snowdrop,

Thank you so much for your help again. This was super helpful!!!

Another question if I may:

We just received property access instructions from the host via Vrbo. They involve a use of punching a code on a lockpad to go in and out. It is not clear if this is manual or digital. The second set of keys is only for the parking lot. What do people do on shabbos regarding going in and out of their rental unit? ( I will obviously also reach out to the host, but figured you might know).

Thanks again!

amother
Snowdrop

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 8:29 am
We had family stay there last year, so it may have changed.
I don't recall if it was digital or not, but inside the house was I think 2 sets of keys.
You just needed the code to enter the first time.

doctorima

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 8:55 am
I have no experience with this particular rental, but many VRBOs/AirBNBs now use digital keypads that can easily be remotely changed for each guest. I highly doubt that they use a manual one, which is much more difficult to reprogram for each stay.

This is very convenient for the owner and works well during a weekday visit, but creates lots of problems for stays over Shabbos. We have had to cancel reservations when we discovered that the only way in or out was via an electronic keypad.

Some houses do have physical keys, but many owners prefer not to use them, since they can be easily duplicated and it creates a security risk. You can ask, but if they say no, your options are to either always have someone stay in the rental over Shabbos to be able to open the door (usually me), or else to leave a back or side door unlocked if you all want to leave and feel that the neighborhood is safe.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 9:25 am
I don't recall if it was digital or not, but inside the house was I think 2 sets of keys.

Thank you for letting me know. I will reach out to the host to find out more.

Anywhere to go for a shabbos stroll in that neighborhood? Or is it just all residential?

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 9:27 am
doctorima wrote:
I have no experience with this particular rental, but many VRBOs/AirBNBs now use digital keypads that can easily be remotely changed for each guest. I highly doubt that they use a manual one, which is much more difficult to reprogram for each stay.

This is very convenient for the owner and works well during a weekday visit, but creates lots of problems for stays over Shabbos. We have had to cancel reservations when we discovered that the only way in or out was via an electronic keypad.

Some houses do have physical keys, but many owners prefer not to use them, since they can be easily duplicated and it creates a security risk. You can ask, but if they say no, your options are to either always have someone stay in the rental over Shabbos to be able to open the door (usually me), or else to leave a back or side door unlocked if you all want to leave and feel that the neighborhood is safe.

Thank you for that. Worst case, I will stay home (I will bring reading materials). Or we will take turns. The reservations are non-refundable.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 5:29 pm
Yes it's in an apartment complex where 80% of the 200 families are frum. Right in the heart!
There is the main Shul - Litvish Shul right there
https://www.ohrhatorahphoenix.org/visitors
Has alot of info.

There is a Bucharian Shul, nusach Seward shul, smaller litvish Shul and Israeli style.

There are not really parks in the area.

Is there anywhere around there to take a Shabbos stroll? Or is it all residential area with nothing to see within a walking distance?

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 5:30 pm

So I spoke to the hostess, and she said the keypad is mechanical; not automated. B"H!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics