Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
New phone, Samsung or Iphone?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 2:22 pm
Does it matter? I plan to TAG it, really only for Waze.
I'm a total ignoramus about this. Is one easier to learn? Have better features (which I will probably disable)?
Please tell me your experience with either.
Thanks!

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 2:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Does it matter? I plan to TAG it, really only for Waze.
I'm a total ignoramus about this. Is one easier to learn? Have better features (which I will probably disable)?
Please tell me your experience with either.
Thanks!

IMNSHO if you're only going to use it for phone calls and Waze, go with a cheaper, lower end phone.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 2:28 pm
Well, I might, for example, enable youtube or zoom if I need to be away from home computer. Just for a couple of days. Does that make a difference?

I can get a refurbished phone from Verizon. You're saying I should buy s/t cheap on ebay?

amother
Glitter

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 2:45 pm
We recently got the newest phones. I got a S21 and DH got the IPhone 13.

His speakers are so much better quality. If you are going to use it for waze and music I'd reccomend an iPhone.

Cmaera wise both of ours are good and have their pros and cons.

Amarante

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 2:56 pm
I am an Apple person so I am prejudiced but I think iPhones are better and are more user friendly.

The support is also incredibly good - whether you go online or use the Genius Bar at an Apple store. I have called Apple support and they have always solved the issue. One time it was a bit tricky so they referred me to a Senior Engineer who called back and followed up and resolved the issue.

Also Apple devices work seamlessly with other Apple devices - my Apple computer, iPad and iPhone all enable me to go from one to the other without issues and all of my data can be shared.

I also have Apple TV which enables me to access my computer from the comfort of my bed.

amother
Seablue

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 3:04 pm
I’m totally an apple person so I would for sure say iPhone.
I find them cleaner and easier to use than Galaxy’s. I switched 6 years ago and wouldn’t go back to galaxy even if you paid me.

bsy

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 3:43 pm
I like galaxy or pixel. Hated iphone

shyner

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 3:51 pm
With Samsung you might get better physical specs, but with iphone the specs might be less but they work much better together so you get a much better finished product.
That being said the gap between iphone and galaxy is becoming narrower and narrower, besides for the obvious OS difference.

amother
Banana

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 4:11 pm
Love my Samsung and am totally not into the iPhone
My husband has an iPhone and my Samsung camera is far better and phone overall more user friendly imo

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 4:54 pm
bsy wrote:
I like galaxy or pixel. Hated iphone

I wanted to like the iPhone this time around, but I didn't. I went with the Google Pixel 6 Pro. It cost a lot less than the iPhone or Galaxy. So far my only complaint is that you can't make the alarm shorter.

But there are new phones, through your carrier, that cost even less. Its silly to pay for features you don't need.

shyner

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 5:22 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
I wanted to like the iPhone this time around, but I didn't. I went with the Google Pixel 6 Pro. It cost a lot less than the iPhone or Galaxy. So far my only complaint is that you can't make the alarm shorter.

But there are new phones, through your carrier, that cost even less. Its silly to pay for features you don't need.

I have heard lots of good things about that phone, I would consider getting it if I needed a new phone

amother
Pistachio

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 5:23 pm
Google Pixel all the way!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 7:32 pm
Oy now I'm really feeling lost... & don't have patience to go through a zillions reviews either. I am not really looking at it as such a major decision, I guess... but maybe it is?

lucky14

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 7:36 pm
I don’t understand why it matters if you are only really using it for wayz and the occasional YouTube video… why wouldn’t you just get something cheap?

lucky14

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 7:42 pm
amother [ Banana ] wrote:
Love my Samsung and am totally not into the iPhone
My husband has an iPhone and my Samsung camera is far better and phone overall more user friendly imo

Interesting. Which iPhone does he have?

amother
Buttercup

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 7:51 pm
I'm really not a techie and I have a smartphone cuz it's easier to use than a flip phone and has a better camera, but honestly for all practical purposes it's a dumb phone. I rlly don't use most of the features.
I love the iphone for a few reasons.
Amazing support. Don't underestimate this. You can call or go to an Apple store and you get helped in minutes
I don't have safari or the app store. Tag made a password so I can't open any new apps and if I want new apps I go to tag and do it there. I like this so much better than an add on filter.
What I don't like about it is that they are constantly updating and the old phones stop being supported and don't work well so you're basically forced to buy a new one.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 9:09 pm
Verizon is offering me lots of options for free, some pre-owned. Some Apples, some Sansung & some Motorola. If it's an older preowned model it's not such a good idea?

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 9:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Verizon is offering me lots of options for free, some pre-owned. Some Apples, some Sansung & some Motorola. If it's an older preowned model it's not such a good idea?

If it has the same warranty, I am not sure it makes a difference. All my devices are Apple and I always buy from their refurbished line and it’s cheaper and the quality is exceptional.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 9:18 pm
Any disadvantages to Apple 12 mini? Saying 50 hrs of battery life.

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 9:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Any disadvantages to Apple 12 mini? Saying 50 hrs of battery life.

My sibling loves the mini because it fits in her pocket
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics