Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Refund for chinuch course?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 12:20 pm
I am part way through a year long chinuch course, and I am really not enjoying it or finding it useful (the rav just isn't my style), but I feel guilty asking for a refund, wwyd?

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 12:31 pm
Is there some sort of backout policy? I'm not sure these courses have a refund.....

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 12:34 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Is there some sort of backout policy? I'm not sure these courses have a refund.....

This. If you signed up for a course it’s with the understanding that it’s on your own risk. You should’ve researched the course better before signing up. Otherwise it should be your loss not the rabbi’s.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 12:58 pm
This is a teaching lesson to you to do your research next time before signing up for a year long course.
Why should the rav lose out?

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 6:38 pm
Unfortunately I do not think it is right to ask for a refund. That's not how this works. Especially as you are half of a year in!

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 6:40 pm
If they offered a refund before you started then you can definitely ask for one.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 6:41 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Unfortunately I do not think it is right to ask for a refund. That's not how this works. Especially as you are half of a year in!
She didn’t say she’s half a year in. She said shes partway in. That just means the course started. It’s really hard to know if it will be a good fit if the instructor didn’t offer any sample lessons.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 6:42 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
This is a teaching lesson to you to do your research next time before signing up for a year long course.
Why should the rav lose out?
How is the rav losing out? Unless there was a cap on the number of people that can participate the rav doesn’t lose by op signing up and then changing her mind.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 6:44 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
She didn’t say she’s half a year in. She said shes partway in. That just means the course started. It’s really hard to know if it will be a good fit if the instructor didn’t offer any sample lessons.

Oops, you're right. I still say, though, that the expectation is that refunds are not given with these kinds of things. That's why they often offer a free sample class.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 6:45 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Oops, you're right. I still say, though, that the expectation is that refunds are not given with these kinds of things. That's why they often offer a free sample class.
I agree that if a sample lesson was offered then she probably can’t ask for a refund. If there wasn’t a sample class then I think it’s fair to ask.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 6:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am part way through a year long chinuch course, and I am really not enjoying it or finding it useful (the rav just isn't my style), but I feel guilty asking for a refund, wwyd?

I’d be honest, say it in a neutral way, “I’m finding this course just isn’t for me and I don’t plan to continue, could I please have a partial refund for the rest of the classes I won’t be attending?”

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 10:10 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:

I am not even two months in.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 10:14 pm
--
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette