Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Waist length jackets in 10 degree weather, w wind chill

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 1:19 am
How is everyone walking around in waist length jackets, in 10 degree NYC weather, with wind chill factor making it even colder?

Is style worth pneumonia?

zaq

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 1:21 am
You don’t get pneumonia from having a cold tush.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 1:25 am
zaq wrote:
You don’t get pneumonia from having a cold tush.

But you have an unbearably cold tush while out, that doesnt feel good for the rest of the body.

zaq

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 1:43 am
Evidently other people don’t feel it the way you do. Why are you so concerned about the temp of other people’s rear ends, anyway?

I can’t speak for others but it’s not my derrière that gets painfully cold; it’s my ankles.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 1:49 am
zaq wrote:
Evidently other people don’t feel it the way you do. Why are you so concerned about the temp of other people’s rear ends, anyway?

I can’t speak for others but it’s not my derrière that gets painfully cold; it’s my ankles.

Im taken aback that these women are dressed as appropriately as those wearing heavy sweaters in a heat wave in July.

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 2:34 am
I have always worn full length heavy wool coats.

I think those jackets are meant for people walking 2 minutes to their heated. cars.

Reality

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 6:15 am
You sound like my MIL.

Mind your own business. I always get way too hot walking far distances in anything more than a waist length coat. My legs are moving so they and my backside stay warm, thank you very much.

singleagain

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 7:26 am
Reality wrote:
You sound like my MIL.

Mind your own business. I always get way too hot walking far distances in anything more than a waist length coat. My legs are moving so they and my backside stay warm, thank you very much.

Your post just reminded me of when I was in college and wore a light jacket and sweatshirt in winter and ppl were like... "Aren't you cold" and I'm like.. "have you been in the subway? Not to mention the bag I'm wearing and the laptop bag I'm dragging behind me... Plus walking from the subway two blocks to school... I'm hot. I'm removing my layers!"

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 8:10 am
I am constantly taking off my jacket when I get into cars, stores etc. Many times I don't bother wearing one if it's a quick walk from the car.

My legs and feet are the first to get cold when I'm out for long with a jacket. The long jackets don't help.

amother
Daylily

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 8:13 am
I've always worn a short jacket, it's warm enough for me, even in the cold. Especially when walking, I get hot.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 8:14 am
You sound like my grandfather. My tush doesn’t get cold. (And to be honest I have a tiny little tush so it’s not because the fat is protecting it.) I don’t even cover my ankles and I’m fine. My ears, my fingers and my toes get cold so I make sure to cover those.

Reality

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 8:23 am
singleagain wrote:
Your post just reminded me of when I was in college and wore a light jacket and sweatshirt in winter and ppl were like... "Aren't you cold" and I'm like.. "have you been in the subway? Not to mention the bag I'm wearing and the laptop bag I'm dragging behind me... Plus walking from the subway two blocks to school... I'm hot. I'm removing my layers!"

Yup. When I had a full length coat many moons ago I'd sweat through my clothes. Now that is gross.

I don't understand why the cold people can't leave the hot people alone. I don't say anything to people bundling up when it's in the 40's and sunny.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries