Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
My shoe size changed after my baby! Help me out!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 10:59 pm
its very strange

my sam edelman ballet flats (7.5) used to fit perfectly and now theyre so tight Sad but a size 8 in shoes is too big.

so im in between a 7.5 and an 8!

is my foot ever going to go back to normal? I had to get rid of all my shoes. I legit dont have any shoes that fit me. im desperate! does anyone know any good stores to go to? or online?

on shoes im willing to spend 200$ a pair. they have to be comfortable.

I look so nerdy now im wearing ugg boots to work bc they fit but I cant even dream about wearing my cute sam edelman flats. thats more my style...

I cant wear cheap brands like zara or h&m. they dont fit me well. I have very weird feet I guess Sad

Elfrida

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 11:02 pm
Feet often do spread during pregnancy. You might find a seven and a half wide fit works for you.

justmarried:)

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 11:02 pm
I am a 7.5 and recently when I gained weight my shoes didn't fit me well but size 8 was too big.
it was in the summer time for me so wore sneakers or sandals which are pretty but aren't supportive.
did you gain weight? when did you have a baby?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 11:24 am
justmarried:) wrote:
I am a 7.5 and recently when I gained weight my shoes didn't fit me well but size 8 was too big.
it was in the summer time for me so wore sneakers or sandals which are pretty but aren't supportive.
did you gain weight? when did you have a baby?

I only gained 14 lbs my pregnancy I didnt gain so much
my baby is a year and my feet havent gone back to normal!

I cant get wide size, I have narrow feet :/

amother
Oldlace

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 11:29 am
I had this happen after my 2nd. It's frustrating because the shoes that worked for me in the past don't necessarily, even in a bigger size. I would try some different brands or styles.

Fox

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 12:12 pm
This is a very common phenomenon regardless of how much or little weight you gain. The hormones that loosen your pelvic joints in order to successfully give birth also loosen other joints, especially those in your feet.

Depending on the number of pregnancies, many woman go up as many as 2 sizes and 2 widths.

There's a reason so many of us are walking around in "Bubby shoes"!

honey36

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 1:19 pm
Yup, I was a 9 before pregnancy, now I'm a 9.5-10. never went back to my former size. I had to get all new shoes and throw out or give away my old ones.

amother
Geranium

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 3:47 pm
My mother still mentions that she outgrew all of her shoes when she had her oldest--who is now over 50.

The good news is that her feet only grew after her first child.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 11:34 am
Every single mother I've ever talked to has had this happen. It's perfectly normal. I guess it's one of those things that people forget to tell you about, and then after the fact go "Oh yeah, my feet got bigger too."

My DD is adopted, but I was doing induced lactation, which involved some medication to make my body think it was pregnant and then gave birth. (Google: Ask Lenore Protocol)

Not only that, but for the first 4 months of her life she had colic, and screamed bloody murder at night. I was constantly pacing the floor with her, because she would not let me stand still, sit down, or stop moving in any way. During the day she wanted to be carried everywhere and was very clingy.

Yep. My feet grew half a size!

amother
Nemesia

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 5:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I only gained 14 lbs my pregnancy I didnt gain so much
my baby is a year and my feet havent gone back to normal!

I cant get wide size, I have narrow feet :/

I'd try the wide fit. You might not have narrow feet any more!

Or investigate other brands and models.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics