Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Camp Renana Lakewood
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 11:16 am
Anyone know who runs this camp?

amother
Broom

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 11:39 am
Heads up that they do not accept kids from certain schools in Lakewood

sra

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 11:40 am
Why?

amother
Impatiens

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 11:41 am
Run by Esti Fischer. My daughter went last year and iyh going next year she loved jt

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 11:42 am
Yes we didn’t get accepted. Not sure if it was the area we live in or the school but definitely a strange experience because we were told there was room. Us and several of my daughter’s classmates.

amother
Broom

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 12:01 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Yes we didn’t get accepted. Not sure if it was the area we live in or the school but definitely a strange experience because we were told there was room. Us and several of my daughter’s classmates.

Same Sad and it left such a horrible taste on my mouth. My daughter will be in primary next year and I did not realize how nasty some people can be (I did call to see why we were rejected)

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 12:04 pm
I gave you some genuine hugs....yikes. That is such a not-good feeling.

B"H there are plenty of wonderful daycamps in Lakewood that accept from all schools, and the diversity is such a good thing. After we moved, it's how my DD got to know girls in the neighborhood from other schools.

amother
Impatiens

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 12:09 pm
amother [ Broom ] wrote:
Same Sad and it left such a horrible taste on my mouth. My daughter will be in primary next year and I did not realize how nasty some people can be (I did call to see why we were rejected)

That’s so weird I had no idea they did that. My daughter is not in the most yeshivsih school by any means! Can I ask what they said the reason was ??

amother
Broom

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 12:25 pm
amother [ Impatiens ] wrote:
That’s so weird I had no idea they did that. My daughter is not in the most yeshivsih school by any means! Can I ask what they said the reason was ??

They weren’t accepting kids from Bnos Esther Malka. Can I ask what school you sent to?

amother
Charcoal

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 12:25 pm
Which schools did they reject?

amother
Impatiens

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 12:28 pm
amother [ Broom ] wrote:
They weren’t accepting kids from Bnos Esther Malka. Can I ask what school you sent to?

Nachlas. The majority of my daughters class is going. BEM and Nachlas are pretty similar hashkaficaly 🤔… weird I’m sorry!!!

frieda967

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 12:30 pm
It's to keep a variety. So they have a quota. Not to be exclusive.

amother
Impatiens

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 12:38 pm
frieda967 wrote:
It's to keep a variety. So they have a quota. Not to be exclusive.

Yes two of my daughters classmates didn’t get in bc they don’t want too many from one school . Maybe that’s what happened wirh BEM, I hope so

amother
NeonPurple

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 12:53 pm
I had the same experience as a nachlas parent. ‘No room’. I think they were overloaded with nachlas girls last year and they are trying to fix the problem. I know someone who sent to Renana from Nachlas last year and is not sending back because her daughter was in camp with her whole class last year.

amother
Impatiens

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 1:27 pm
amother [ NeonPurple ] wrote:
I had the same experience as a nachlas parent. ‘No room’. I think they were overloaded with nachlas girls last year and they are trying to fix the problem. I know someone who sent to Renana from Nachlas last year and is not sending back because her daughter was in camp with her whole class last year.

It’s because Mrs Fischer was a teacher in Nachlas last year lol. Her whole class basically went to Renana with their siblings and then some friends followed those other siblings…

amother
Tealblue

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 2:31 pm
I'm not from one of those schools. I wanted to send my daughter it looks like they have a lot of extra talents program like gymnastics. Thst my daughter begs me all year, but I got no time to schlep around My daughter claims her friends told her its not such a exciting camp. Anyone with first hand experience?

amother
Impatiens

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 2:36 pm
amother [ Tealblue ] wrote:
I'm not from one of those schools. I wanted to send my daughter it looks like they have a lot of extra talents program like gymnastics. Thst my daughter begs me all year, but I got no time to schlep around My daughter claims her friends told her its not such a exciting camp. Anyone with first hand experience?

My daughter has been to three other Lakewood camps and went to Renana last year. She loved it

amother
Amaranthus

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 3:01 pm
amother [ Broom ] wrote:

No kids at all?
Or anymore kids?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 3:04 pm
I applied with a few neighbors. Only the Bnos Esther Malka kids got rejected.
When I tried calling they literally told me straight out on the phone that they reject certain schools automatically. Which is just crazy.
I know someone sending to Bnos Esther Malka next year for Primary and she got accepted within a few hours because she didn’t write on the application that she’s sending there.
Their system of acceptance is just messed up.

amother
Lightpink

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 3:25 pm
My daughter is in bnos esther malka and I feel like nachlas is probably a little more to the right.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries