Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
Are my challahs “broken?”

momof2+?

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 12:50 am
Some of the Challahs I made tonight have little parts that stuck to the pan when I removed them. Are they not able to be used for lechem mishneh?

lovecouches

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 3:30 am
My husband said so long as it's not missing a big piece and looks like a whole challah it should be fine. Maybe use baking paper so this doesn't happen. Good shabbos 🙂

cholentfan1

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 5:01 am
You need to lose a certain percent of the challah for it to be 'broken', don't think that sounds like enough. But you could always put it into the oven upside down to toast the bottom of it and that will solve any issue.

momof2+?

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 9:57 am
cholentfan1 wrote:
You need to lose a certain percent of the challah for it to be 'broken', don't think that sounds like enough. But you could always put it into the oven upside down to toast the bottom of it and that will solve any issue.

How does this solve my problem?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 10:53 am
My rav says any piece missing due to the baking process is not an issue (e.g. challos stuck together that need separation)

cholentfan1

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 5:39 pm
momof2+? wrote:
How does this solve my problem?

Like when you singe the edges of the matza to make it a whole one, putting the challa back in the oven to rebake, makes it into a whole challa. So in theory you could cut a challa in half, put the halves back in the oven, rebake it and then have 2 whole challos.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads