Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Do you ever get used to eating healthy?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 11:07 am
I am trying to lose weight. For lunch, I either have a salad or wrap with different proteins. For dinner, a protein and vegetable and small amount of carbs. I stick to 1,200 calories a day. I feel healthy and great!

The problem is that I miss potatoes, pizza, pasta, and sweets. Does that ever go away? For most of my life, I ate all that stuff regularly. Sure, I can still occasionally indulge in small amounts. But it isn't the same as having it be a regular part of your diet.

Does your body ever adjust? Do you have to eat healthy for years and years before you stop missing your old foods? I know habits are forming so I'm just wondering how long of eating healthy before this goes away, or if I'll need to be disciplined for life.

flmommy

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 11:24 am
Have to treat yourself to those items you are missing every so often or you will over indulge and fall “off the wagon.” I do think your taste buds get used to eating healthier. When I don’t get enough fresh fruits and vegetables I crave them. Wasn’t always like that.

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 3:54 pm
You have to eat enough for it to be sustainable. Don’t walk around hungry.

amother
Catmint

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 3:59 pm
Don't confuse eating at a calorie deficit with eating healthy.

amother
Clear

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 4:52 pm
That's why I stopped doing these kinds of diets. I call them "never" diets. "You can never again have ice cream, cookies, chocolate..."
Now I eat healthy, but I always let myself eat 200 calories of whatever I want. It really helps me stay on track. If my family's going out for ice cream, I go with them and enjoy. I might need to have a very small portion, but that's fine with me. I'm able to eat healthy the rest of the day because I know I can have my treat while still following the rules.

1200 calories is very little, and you might eventually develop very strong cravings.
Maybe give yourself a timeline? For example, you'll do 1200 calories for another week or two so you can see motivating results, but if it gets too hard, think about adding calories or a treat every day.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 6:29 pm
I’m in a ‘never’ duet but totally fine with it (4+ years) because the things I never eat ate the things that undo me or make me feel bad physically or mentally.

But I eat plenty. I do not count calories or portions and I only eat foods I like that also pack a nutrition punch.

For me, a low carb way of eating is self limiting and I’ve learned to trust my body on what enough feels like. I’m peaceful and satisfied.

amother
Mint

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 6:57 pm
amother [ Clear ] wrote:
That's why I stopped doing these kinds of diets. I call them "never" diets. "You can never again have ice cream, cookies, chocolate..."
Now I eat healthy, but I always let myself eat 200 calories of whatever I want. It really helps me stay on track. If my family's going out for ice cream, I go with them and enjoy. I might need to have a very small portion, but that's fine with me. I'm able to eat healthy the rest of the day because I know I can have my treat while still following the rules.

1200 calories is very little, and you might eventually develop very strong cravings.
Maybe give yourself a timeline? For example, you'll do 1200 calories for another week or two so you can see motivating results, but if it gets too hard, think about adding calories or a treat every day.

Love this idea. What is your daily food menu. I need to work on mine and need ideas!!

amother
Clear

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 10:09 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Love this idea. What is your daily food menu. I need to work on mine and need ideas!!

Go for it!
My rules are:
- no white sugar and no white flour (except for the 200 cal treat)
- aim for 30-50g of protein a day.
- 30 min of exercise every day
I'm BH pg so not restricting calories, but if not, I would aim for 1600/cal a day.

Ideas: (nothing super creative)
Cheerios and milk
Scrambled eggs and ww toast
Chickpea-tomato salad
Tuna and cucumbers
Yogurt and almonds
Ww grilled cheese
Brown rice sushi salad

Suppers:
chicken and farro
Salmon and broccoli
Meatballs and brown rice
Chicken and roasted veggies
Tilapia and soup
Grilled chicken breast and baked butternut squash

Also, I enlisted a friend's help - I text her every night how I did that day, and need to pay her if I broke any of the rules.
Enjoy! I hope you find this helpful!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise