Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Non florida warm beach 3 hr maximum?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 2:56 pm
From new york.... Wondering if there is even such a thing?

Thanks!

justmarried:)

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 2:57 pm
Your question isn’t clear

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 2:59 pm
You mean minimum or maximum? If you mean minimum… sure you can go to Cancun or Australia and it’ll be warm. If you mean maximum, no there are no warm places within 3 hours of where you live unless you live in LA, FL, Israel, Arizona, or Texas.

The Gulf of Mexico is moderate weather this time of the year (can be from the high 40s up to the mid 70s) if you want to go to Alabama or Mississippi. Same with southeast Georgia. It won’t be very cold but no guarantee of warmth.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 3:03 pm
Sorry for the lack of clarity! I was in the middle of posting and got interrupted.

I am looking for a warm beach less than a 3 hour flight from NY.

It cannot be in Florida... also needs to be within US.

I know it's a tall order, but figured maybe someone will have an idea.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 3:04 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
You mean minimum or maximum? If you mean minimum… sure you can go to Cancun or Australia and it’ll be warm. If you mean maximum, no there are no warm places within 3 hours of where you live unless you live in LA, FL, Israel, Arizona, or Texas.

The Gulf of Mexico is moderate weather this time of the year (can be from the high 40s up to the mid 70s) if you want to go to Alabama or Mississippi. Same with southeast Georgia. It won’t be very cold but no guarantee of warmth.

Lol. Thanks! Fixed it!

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 3:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Sorry for the lack of clarity! I was in the middle of posting and got interrupted.

I am looking for a warm beach less than a 3 hour flight from NY.

It cannot be in Florida... also needs to be within US.

I know it's a tall order, but figured maybe someone will have an idea.

Honestly if it has to be WARM, the answer is no. You’re limited to south Florida and the southwest which is more than 3 hour flight I think.

If the weather just shouldn’t be cold you have more options.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 3:07 pm
Honestly if it has to be WARM, the answer is no. You’re limited to south Florida and the southwest which is more than 3 hour flight I think.

If the weather just shouldn’t be cold you have more options.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer. We don't need to swim in the beach, but would love to sit by it (sweatshirt would be ok)

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 3:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I appreciate you taking the time to answer. We don't need to swim in the beach, but would love to sit by it (sweatshirt would be ok)

If you are willing to bring your own food, try southern Alabama (mobile area) or southern Mississippi (Gulfport). Also not sure about minyanim but both areas have Chabad. They’re very inexpensive and have a white manmade (no rocks, no dirt etc ) beach that won’t be crowded.

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 3:23 pm
If you are willing to bring your own food, try southern Alabama (mobile area) or southern Mississippi (Gulfport). Also not sure about minyanim but both areas have Chabad. They’re very inexpensive and have a white manmade (no rocks, no dirt etc ) beach that won’t be crowded.

Gulfport is about 90 mins from New Orleans so you can fly into there (cheaper than flying into Gulfport ), grab some food , and then drive to Gulfport.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 3:25 pm
Thank you! Will look into both!

birdie1

Try Myrtle Beach in SC

gande

Us virgin islands. Gorgeous place!

amother
Gladiolus

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 3:27 pm
Cancun is 3 hours away

Amarante

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 4:38 pm
The actual "time' of a flight is pretty irrelevant because by the time you get to the airport - get to the airport early for check in - depart the plane - and then wait for land transportation - it is essentially the whole day whether the flight is 5 hours or 3 hours. And that is assuming no delays for landing or departure which are generally inevitable.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 4:39 pm
amother [ Gladiolus ] wrote:
Cancun is 3 hours away

Thanks. It is not in the US and won't work at this time.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 4:40 pm
Amarante wrote:
The actual "time' of a flight is pretty irrelevant because by the time you get to the airport - get to the airport early for check in - depart the plane - and then wait for land transportation - it is essentially the whole day whether the flight is 5 hours or 3 hours. And that is assuming no delays for landing or departure which are generally inevitable.

All of that is taken into account and therefore don't want to have the flight time take even longer!

DrMom

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 11:03 am
Look at a map. There are no places in the US outside of Florida with reliably warm beaches in that temperature range and distance range in January.

Maybe you can get lucky with great weather on some gulf Beach in Texas, on in the Louisiana Delta, but more likely it'll be in the 50s or 60s.

NYC to US Virgin Islands is just under 4 hrs. Can you stretch your flight time?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 7:20 pm
DrMom wrote:
Look at a map. There are no places in the US outside of Florida with reliably warm beaches in that temperature range and distance range in January.

Maybe you can get lucky with great weather on some gulf Beach in Texas, on in the Louisiana Delta, but more likely it'll be in the 50s or 60s.

NYC to US Virgin Islands is just under 4 hrs. Can you stretch your flight time?

Looking into that as an option. Thanks!

amother
Papaya

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 7:25 pm
Puerto Rico

ra_mom

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 8:30 pm
birdie1 wrote:
Try Myrtle Beach in SC

It's 31 degrees there right now.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics