Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Camp Renana Lakewood
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Lightpink

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 4:17 pm
My daughter is in bnos esther malka and I feel like nachlas is probably a little more to the right.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 4:20 pm
I sent last year and I’m sending back. My 2 daughters are in Nachlas. Mrs fisher was definitely the draw last year. I honestly didn’t find them to be any more special than other camps but that’s were their friends were going ..
your not missing out, apply to the next place

amother
Eggplant

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 9:44 pm
Yes I was rejected too and was told that the campers wear tights and that she prefers the heimesh chassidish schools. If that is the case then most of the lakewood schools don’t fit in. But there are so many options here in lakewood. So we not crying over this. Their loss!
Edit to add that I send to nachlas

amother
Vermilion

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 10:04 pm
amother [ Eggplant ] wrote:
Yes I was rejected too and was told that the campers wear tights and that she prefers the heimesh chassidish schools. If that is the case then most of the lakewood schools don’t fit in. But there are so many options here in lakewood. So we not crying over this. Their loss!
Seriously? We are very yeshivish but my daughters wear socks in the summer. I send to bais faiga, are they rejecting bf girls as well? Whatever no one in my daughters classes are going so they refuse to go regardless. I wish they would get gymnastics lessons in camp though.

Chayalle

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 10:07 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Seriously? We are very yeshivish but my daughters wear socks in the summer. I send to bais faiga, are they rejecting bf girls as well? Whatever no one in my daughters classes are going so they refuse to go regardless. I wish they would get gymnastics lessons in camp though.

My DD used to teach the gymnastics in a local daycamp. If you want real gymnastics, you will not likely get it in a daycamp. You need to send to a well-equipped place, with a small enough group, sufficient staff to address different levels.... to get real gymnastics.

amother
Impatiens

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 10:07 pm
I’m so confused. My daughter definitely doesn’t wear tights in the summer and neither do her friends who are going…

amother
Charcoal

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 10:08 pm

So many nachlas girls are going and they don't wear tights and it's not a heimish school.

amother
Eggplant

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 10:12 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:

She said the rule is knee socks but most will be in tights as she is attracting that clientel. Could be she said so I shouldn’t be upset that I was rejected. Idk. But that’s what was said.

amother
Eggplant

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 10:14 pm
Chayalle wrote:
My DD used to teach the gymnastics in a local daycamp. If you want real gymnastics, you will not likely get it in a daycamp. You need to send to a well-equipped place, with a small enough group, sufficient staff to address different levels.... to get real gymnastics.

Agree with you on this. And renana is in a small building definitely no big gym there.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 10:15 pm

I sent last year. No tights. A lot of very short skirts and huge gaps between the knee socks and skirts lol this is younger grades

amother
Eggplant

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 10:17 pm
[quote="amother [ DarkPurple ]"]I sent last year. No tights. A lot of very short skirts and huge gaps between the knee socks and skirts lol this is younger grades[

Right I brought this up to her as I know ppl that were there last year. She was like this year we are looking to change it a bit. The director is heimish I believe.
Maybe call her to discuss this.

amother
Electricblue

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 10:30 pm
Im team Dollhouse all the way. No attitude from the administration, excellent program, and fantastic wholesome clientele. And I've tried other camps.
Perhaps one should be more open minded when considering camps for their kids, vs following the sheeple. Its out of control in Lakewood.

amother
Impatiens

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 10:36 pm
She said the rule is knee socks but most will be in tights as she is attracting that clientel. Could be she said so I shouldn’t be upset that I was rejected. Idk. But that’s what was said.

Mrs Fischer is heimish so maybe that’s who they want, but my daughters year (going into fourth grade) is going to be at least 1/3 nachlas girls I think … none of them will be in tights. Maybe it’s going to be nachlas girls (bc they all went last year) and then a bunch of Bais Rochel , lol, interesting mix !!!

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 11:37 pm
Sent my girls last year. Sending back this year iyh.
They go to Bnos Hadassa. Perhaps the crowd was heimish but it was definitely not an all-tights crowd last year.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 11:55 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Good point but I find it so hard to take them to classes. If it’s in camp they get a bit of practice in. But it’s more important that they’re with their friends

amother
Vermilion

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 11:56 pm
amother [ Electricblue ] wrote:
Im team Dollhouse all the way. No attitude from the administration, excellent program, and fantastic wholesome clientele. And I've tried other camps.
Perhaps one should be more open minded when considering camps for their kids, vs following the sheeple. Its out of control in Lakewood.
Kids want to go where their friends are going and often that means their neighbors. I don’t think that’s following the sheeple. Why should they need to go to a camp based on which schools they’re in.

amother
Eggshell

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 1:28 am
So funny that Im seeing this now.

My sister was just saying that even daycamps are so selective that her daughter didnt get in here.
Shes in nachlas..
I just sent her the link to this thread)

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 2:34 pm
So I’ve sent my 2 girls to RENANA last summer and I’m sending back again.
It’s the most well run camp in Lakewood
Being that it’s a talent camp the kids are busy all day not eating slush like in the other camps…
I’ve sent to a few others…. The crowd is very nice mix of frum and torahdik from a variety of schools in lkwd. I know the director is selective with the clientele… that’s what attracts so many ppl… I know my kids will have a very wholesome summer!! We can’t wait for another amazing summer
P.S sounds like ppl are just insulted that they didn’t get in…

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 2:37 pm
Kids wear both socks and tights btw
They don’t have a tights rule as far as I know

Chayalle

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 2:39 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
So I’ve sent my 2 girls to RENANA last summer and I’m sending back again.
It’s the most well run camp in Lakewood
Being that it’s a talent camp the kids are busy all day not eating slush like in the other camps…
I’ve sent to a few others…. The crowd is very nice mix of frum and torahdik from a variety of schools in lkwd. I know the director is selective with the clientele… that’s what attracts so many ppl… I know my kids will have a very wholesome summer!! We can’t wait for another amazing summer
P.S sounds like ppl are just insulted that they didn’t get in…

If your kid wasn't accepted to daycamp, would you feel good if someone said you were "just insulted" that you didn't get in.....?

(I think it's ridiculous that daycamps are doing social engineering already.....what next.)
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries