Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Anyone live in har nof can give me advice ?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 2:51 pm
What the difference between shlav alef and bet .. and are there apartmenta in the newer building . 4 bedroom apts

Last edited by amother on Mon, May 01 2023, 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 3:05 pm
I'll answer the easiest question. There is no real difference between shlav aleph and shlav beit.

Shlav aleph is the lower part of Har Nof, broadly speaking Shaulson and Chai Taib and the little roads around them. It was planned and built first, but only by a year or two so there is no real difference in the building style or standards. Shlav bet is the upper part of Har Nof, broadly Katzenelonbogen, Agassi and Hakablan. When people are looking for apartments to borrow for Shabbos or something similar they will often say shlav aleph or beit just to give an idea of what location suits them best, but there is little other distinction.

Are you looking for english or Hebrew speaking ganim? It tends to be fairly easy to find private ganim at any time of the year. Iriyah ones might be harder.

SG18

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 4:28 pm
I saw an ad for a Sephardi kollel opening soon, just a few days ago. Not sure how to post it here, but I can send the #, if you're interested.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 12:36 am
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but your username in 'convertinisrael' and you say that you were in seminary age 21, so I'm assuming that you were at either Neve or Shearim. Both of those seminaries give a lot of support to their alumni, especially those living locally. If you get in touch with the seminary that you went to, they might be able to give you a lot of help as to places your husband could learn, and places for your children. They could also put you in touch with other alumni at a similar stage who could provide advice and support.

If your husband previously studied at a Baal Teshuva yeshiva, they might also be able to advise him on where would be a good place for him to learn now.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 1:53 am
I'm not OP but I do need a gan for a 4yo next year. I have a school for my older one, who is already in school. I don't know whether I should send my younger dd next year to mamad or beit yaakov, we are Chabad and there is nothing here and I need close by, I won't manage with a gan that's far (no car).

Does anyone have a superb gan in har nof for 4yo girls? I need to sign up this week on the iriya's site.

Modmomma

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 11:47 am
I am new to this site so I am not sure if I can respond to you all individually or its just this post reply box and you all will hopefully see. Yes I went to shearim and baer miriam ( totally different years) great idea I will get in contact with them. I am looking for hebrew speaking gans. I was told there is juust 2 beit yaakov in har nof I dint know the differences but if anyonw knows the names, numbers so I can contact and chexk it out it wouls be great.

salt

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 10:10 pm
Convertinisrael wrote:
I am new to this site so I am not sure if I can respond to you all individually or its just this post reply box and you all will hopefully see. Yes I went to shearim and baer miriam ( totally different years) great idea I will get in contact with them. I am looking for hebrew speaking gans. I was told there is juust 2 beit yaakov in har nof I dint know the differences but if anyonw knows the names, numbers so I can contact and chexk it out it wouls be great.

As far as I know, regarding the two Beit Yaakov schools in Har Nof, you just get placed according to where you live. I don't think they are different.
Ganim I don't know, but could well be the same.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions