Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Full-time childcare in Cleveland
Previous  1  2

notshanarishona

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 10:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Still tentative but hoping to, yes. I have a full-time job offer already and my husband's accepted into a kollel.

If you have any older kids make sure they are accepted into school BEFORE you move her.
As far as people working, most people have one parent on a flexible schedule such as in kollel and one parent with a more serious job. Typically whoever is not the breadwinner fills in the childcare gaps.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 10:07 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
If you have any older kids make sure they are accepted into school BEFORE you move her.
As far as people working, most people have one parent on a flexible schedule such as in kollel and one parent with a more serious job. Typically whoever is not the breadwinner fills in the childcare gaps.
'I'm aware. Not concerned about that for various reasons but thanks

GoldFlowers

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 10:13 pm
Me and my husband both worked full time when we first moved here. We send our kids to mizrachi so we had the full time aftercare option but I ended up hiring a babysitter for those hours.

amother
Tuberose

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 10:20 pm
A lot of the kollels pay, so there is no need for the wife to work full time. Most women work part time and between that and cheap housing and generally way lower standards than “in town”, they make it work.
Would it be wise for women to work full time and save for the future when they’ll need more money? Possibly financially, but it’s not the culture here. People live a slower paced, more relaxed lifestyle here. I don’t regret doing it this way. I got to spend lots of time with my kids, friends, neighbors, had time to be involved and participate in the community, volunteer, go to the gym, make supper for new moms, host shabbos meals, I moved and I miss it.

GoldFlowers

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 10:34 pm
OP where exactly are you moving to?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 10:41 pm
GoldFlowers wrote:
OP where exactly are you moving to?

hopefully University Heights

amother
Snow

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 9:34 am
I guess that means your dh will be in one of the UH kollels, or maybe HAC's.
Hatzlacha!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 10:01 am
amother [ Snow ] wrote:
I guess that means your dh will be in one of the UH kollels, or maybe HAC's.
Hatzlacha!

Yup. Thank you!

amother
Snow

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 10:05 am
Another comment:
Maybe reconsider your full time job. Even if it works out while your kids are little, you'll have to keep dealing with it as they grow older. Of course, you can find different options in the future.

Most women don't work full time because it's bh not really needed here. You may feel like the odd one out, scrambling to find childcare each year.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 10:08 am
amother [ Snow ] wrote:
Another comment:
Maybe reconsider your full time job. Even if it works out while your kids are little, you'll have to keep dealing with it as they grow older. Of course, you can find different options in the future.

Most women don't work full time because it's bh not really needed here. You may feel like the odd one out, scrambling to find childcare each year.

That's fair. For now I think this makes sense to us. I would feel uncomfortable moving to a brand new place without knowing for a fact that we will be financially stable (which BH thanks to this job we will be). I would never want to have to rely on the community or on family for our basic needs.
We do plan to reevaluate in a year or two.

GoldFlowers

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 9:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
hopefully University Heights

I started out in UH and now live in beachwood. It’s possible that most women don’t work full time, but I know many who do. Good luck! I hope something works out.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 10:12 am
OP, did you end up moving here?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 10 2022, 7:47 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
OP, did you end up moving here?

Yup! Hi Smile
Still looking into childcare options

amother
Snow

Post Thu, Mar 10 2022, 8:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yup! Hi Smile
Still looking into childcare options

Wow! Welcome!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 10 2022, 9:00 pm
amother [ Snow ] wrote:
Wow! Welcome!!

Thank you!!

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Mar 10 2022, 9:42 pm
I also just moved here and haven't been able to work as I haven't found any childcare options. I'm figuring out how to be a full time stay at home, for now at least, until I figure something out!

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Apr 06 2022, 8:34 pm
bump - OP, were you able to find anything? We need to move to another community and are considering Cleveland, but both my husband and I work full time so we would need childcare. Can't imagine moving without it...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 06 2022, 8:52 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
bump - OP, were you able to find anything? We need to move to another community and are considering Cleveland, but both my husband and I work full time so we would need childcare. Can't imagine moving without it...

I haven't been looking seriously yet. Right now we're considering something more part-time (9 to 3 or so) and having family fill in the gaps.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating