Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Best Wall Mounted Air Conditioner?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 1:56 am
My new apartment needs wall mounted air conditioners. (Meaning there's a hole in the wall at the top corner for an a/c unit.) Please recommend the best units in efficiency, noise level, etc. Please also share which units to avoid and which features to look out for.
While we are on a budget, I do feel it's worth to pay more for better cooling and a quieter machine.
I was told I'll need 6-8k BTU for bedrooms, 10k for Master and playroom, and 15-18k for Dining Room
(I'm in NYS if that makes a difference)
Thanks all!!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 1:23 pm
bump

amother
DarkPurple

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 1:52 pm
Measure the size of the hole and go according to that. We have Freidreich unit's in all our rooms and we're very happy with them.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 2:12 pm
amother [ DarkPurple ] wrote:
Measure the size of the hole and go according to that. We have Freidreich unit's in all our rooms and we're very happy with them.

We have standard size holes.
I looked into Freidrich units and most amazon reviews say it's really noisy. How do you find the noise level?

amother
DarkPurple

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 2:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We have standard size holes.
I looked into Freidrich units and most amazon reviews say it's really noisy. How do you find the noise level?

I actually find them not noisy. They're quieter then other brands. A wall air conditioner won't be silent like central. They all make noise.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics