Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Bra suggestions for bigger 9 year old

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 5:58 pm
My 9 yr old has already developing breasts and she is overweight. I had bought her the More than Magic brand at Target, the training pull on bras, the XL. She recently told me she thinks they are getting too small and asked me to get her the larger size.

I was thinking to get her an adjustable back with hooks, so it can grow with her instead of contantly buying new ones. Maybe it'll last longer?

Any suggestions? I bought my other daughter cotton adjustable bras, just cheap no-name brand and that is fine with her because she is slim and not so developed right now. I don't think the same would work for this daughter.

Not sure if I should buy her an adult one?! Her chest measures about 32 inches.

We do not have a profession lingerie store I can bring her in to. We have department stores, but I've never had a good experience there anyway...

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 7:33 pm
My young daughter also developed a bit early. I bought her size small memoi cotton training bras. They’re like you described with thin adjustable straps that she was able to loosen as she grew. Those lasted her nicely for about a year. Just recently bought her something similar but a stronger fit, a jockey. If I find the link I’ll post it here.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 9:11 pm
Call Hosiery Plus on James Street in Lakewood, ask for Esty in the lingerie department. She can make suggestions for you

familyfirst

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 11:09 pm
Try to avoid the classic bra for now. It’s a bit much fir a nine year old.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics