Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Would you be ok sleeping on a trundle in a large closet
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Sara255

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 9:41 am
I feel so bad for couple A. Maybe they should be sent to the Keys or something for a couple days on their own. The kids can be together and the couple can relax.

dena613

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 9:42 am
More affordable

https://www.marriott.com/reser.....nu.mi

amother
Whitewash

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 10:22 am
jfk92 wrote:
What happened to being grateful that they have anywhere to even stay for a nice warm getaway, and to be put up for free. I'm just not even understanding what right anyone has to complain. If they don't like it then they don't need to take this offer.

But they need to know this is all they're getting. If I thought I was going alone and had a br plus the closet for my family and suddenly have half that space and twice as many people, I would be mad and prob not go since it wouldn't be a vacation at all

Puppies

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 10:24 am
I didn’t read all the responses, so maybe this was said: I’d give them both all the options and let them decide amongst themselves how they want it to be. No hard feelings to you about someone getting better treatment.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 11:43 am
First you would really have to find out if your 85 year old parents would truly be ok with this option. Or if it would be too much for them even noise and disruption of routine.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 12:22 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
20 years ago they wouldn't have been married or had kids yet.

No
What I mean is that as the generations go by today’s luxuries becomes their new necessities

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 12:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No
What I mean is that as the generations go by today’s luxuries becomes their new necessities

Come on, 7 adults and 8 children in a 2 bdrm is a stretch. There’s probably furniture too in the house.
We lived in a 2 bdrm apt with 9 ppl 15 yrs ago, and it was very crowded.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 12:30 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
Come on, 7 adults and 8 children in a 2 bdrm is a stretch. There’s probably furniture too in the house.
We lived in a 2 bdrm apt with 9 ppl 15 yrs ago, and it was very crowded.

Living day in and day out is one thing
4 days
I think I just need to change my attitude and make it
FUN FUNFUN

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 12:49 pm
My initial reaction was to feel bad for parents A, but they kept it a secret and didn't communicate properly. Yes, parents A have a right to be mad but need to be above-board next time. Agree with Ll posters that say parents A should stay for a couple nights away at a hotel by themselves for a little quiet time. (Paid for by Parents B who took away their peaceful vacation).

amother
Mintcream

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 1:02 pm
In case everyone didn’t realize, op really wants this to work out. She wants to have her kids and grandchildren together for a few days. She’s trying to say that she technically has 3 bedrooms but in order to get to one bedroom you have to walk through another. She was hoping everyone would tell her that it sounds doable and it’s only for a short time so no need to make a big deal. Obviously we don’t know anything about her family and how they feel about this. While some families would think it’s lots of fun, others would balk at the whole idea. It all really depends on everyone’s personality and if no one backed out yet it seems that they are all up to it.
Maybe op can sleep in the closet with her husband and single daughter? Maybe family B can sleep in the master bedroom. Perhaps even buying some sort of partition so the people sleeping in the beds won’t be visible when going into the walk in closet.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 1:06 pm
Put this up between the door coming in to the master bedroom until the door at the large closet room.
https://www.amazon.com/SIMFLAG.....ydWU=

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 1:19 pm
amother [ Mintcream ] wrote:
In case everyone didn’t realize, op really wants this to work out. She wants to have her kids and grandchildren together for a few days. She’s trying to say that she technically has 3 bedrooms but in order to get to one bedroom you have to walk through another. She was hoping everyone would tell her that it sounds doable and it’s only for a short time so no need to make a big deal. Obviously we don’t know anything about her family and how they feel about this. While some families would think it’s lots of fun, others would balk at the whole idea. It all really depends on everyone’s personality and if no one backed out yet it seems that they are all up to it.
Maybe op can sleep in the closet with her husband and single daughter? Maybe family B can sleep in the master bedroom. Perhaps even buying some sort of partition so the people sleeping in the beds won’t be visible when going into the walk in closet.

That’s an idea except DH gets up super early before vasikim he gives a class

I think my main question is would you be comfortable in this setting especially knowing that you asked last minute
The way it’s always been is 1 family at a time
I offered them a different weekend
I offered come Purim (it falls out Thursday)
IMHO- if their oldest (in 1st grade) misses a day or 2 of school he’s still young enough it’s no big deal
The rest are in nursery and a babysitter

amother
Heather

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 2:11 pm
What makes the most sense is all women in bedroom # 2 including OP.

All men in bedroom # 1 including OPs husband with a few kids in the walk in closet or even in dining room.

Kids can sleep on the floor with blankets they don't need beds.

But OP needs to share this information with the couples so they are prepared before.

singleagain

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 2:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That’s an idea except DH gets up super early before vasikim he gives a class

I think my main question is would you be comfortable in this setting especially knowing that you asked last minute
The way it’s always been is 1 family at a time
I offered them a different weekend
I offered come Purim (it falls out Thursday)
IMHO- if their oldest (in 1st grade) misses a day or 2 of school he’s still young enough it’s no big deal
The rest are in nursery and a babysitter

It doesn't really matter if ladies on the internet would be comfortable. What matters is if your family would be comfortable. Ask them.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 6:08 pm
Ok it’s been decided couple B will be staying to sleep at my parents house.
They have strict instructions to be helpful.
And come over as early as possible
For Shabbat - men in 1 room (but a lot of times they fall asleep on the couch)
Women in another -slumber party
And kids where ever
This way everything stays tzniut

chanchy123

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 7:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ok it’s been decided couple B will be staying to sleep at my parents house.
They have strict instructions to be helpful.
And come over as early as possible
For Shabbat - men in 1 room (but a lot of times they fall asleep on the couch)
Women in another -slumber party
And kids where ever
This way everything stays tzniut

I’m glad this has all been worked out - enjoy your family time.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 8:53 pm
When you talk about luxuries and necessities do you mean that b insisted on coming despite basically being reminded of rule one at a time and offered different times to come?
Hope all works out well
Hatzlocha

amother
Molasses

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 9:04 pm
I'm glad it all worked out, but it really sounds like family A got the short end of the stick here. I don't know why they felt the need to keep their trip a secret, but family B should not have been allowed to come and create a crowded situation for everyone. For the future, perhaps set up a rotation of popular vacation times so that each family can enjoy properly. If you all want to be together, chip in and rent a big place for a week.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 4:41 am
amother [ Molasses ] wrote:
I'm glad it all worked out, but it really sounds like family A got the short end of the stick here. I don't know why they felt the need to keep their trip a secret, but family B should not have been allowed to come and create a crowded situation for everyone. For the future, perhaps set up a rotation of popular vacation times so that each family can enjoy properly. If you all want to be together, chip in and rent a big place for a week.

Yes thanks
But if we go away I won’t be able to go with them. It’s DH’s super busiest time of the year, B”H.
Yes family B are not the easiest guests to have.
That’s why A was keeping it a secret
It has always been family Bs dream to come all together. What they don’t realize is the inconvenience.
I’m not thrilled they are all coming at the same time.
I have a 4th child (family) she likes her space.
She makes it work to come other times.
Also easier with restaurants and outings, not AS crowded

Oh well
Hopefully it will be warm enough to go swimming. It’s cold today

watergirl

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 5:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes thanks
But if we go away I won’t be able to go with them. It’s DH’s super busiest time of the year, B”H.
Yes family B are not the easiest guests to have.
That’s why A was keeping it a secret
It has always been family Bs dream to come all together. What they don’t realize is the inconvenience.
I’m not thrilled they are all coming at the same time.
I have a 4th child (family) she likes her space.

She makes it work to come other times.
Also easier with restaurants and outings, not AS crowded

Oh well
Hopefully it will be warm enough to go swimming. It’s cold today

I'm glad you and your kids seem to be happy with how you've set it up and IYH it will all work out and you will have a good time together.

Moving forward, you CAN say no. You do not have to accommodate everyone at the same time, especially at your other kids expense. You said you have a 27 year old and now you mention a fourth child... remember, you CAN say no.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics