Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
My poor eczema baby
Previous  1  2  3  Next

workout geek

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 9:01 pm
There is also a baby Dove wash that is fragrance free for hair and body. Make sure laundry detergents are also free and clear. Ask your doctor about Eucrisa. It is an amazing steroid free cream. It may be cheaper from different pharmacies so check. Mine is cheapest from a mail order pharmacy. Hatzlacha!

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 9:02 pm
amother [ Forsythia ] wrote:
It’s possible your son developed allergy to oatmeal. Maybe cut it out of diet for a while and see if that helps. I think he’s probably allergic to other foods you’re feeding him otherwise the ezcma should have disappeared.

Eczema feeds on staph bacteria. The eczema could be initially caused by allergies, and then staph invaded the area, and once the allergens are removed the staph is still there. You need to have all 3 component, bactroban for the staph, steroid to reduce inflammation and moisturizer to help regain moisture barrier and heal skin.

You need to start off with lots of consistent applications and then slowly wean off so the skin doesn't rebound by a sudden cold turkey of the cream.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 9:11 pm
amother [ Dandelion ] wrote:
Make sure its also free of dyes. I like arm and hammer for sensitive skin.

I use Tide Free and Clear. (The white bottle. ) is that not good?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 9:14 pm
Thanks so much to all the helpful Imas.
Yes the cold weather seems to really affect him.
Although we live in a warm climate (south Florida), we went to NY about three months ago and he flared up then. And it never went back to normal since then. And now it's kind of cool here as well and his face has only gotten worse.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 9:20 pm
workout geek wrote:
There is also a baby Dove wash that is fragrance free for hair and body. Make sure laundry detergents are also free and clear. Ask your doctor about Eucrisa. It is an amazing steroid free cream. It may be cheaper from different pharmacies so check. Mine is cheapest from a mail order pharmacy. Hatzlacha!

Eucrisa burns like crazy. Just be aware!!!

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 9:40 pm
Poor poor baby! Refuah shleima! When my beautiful baby had eczema ( thank Gd he is clear for a bunch of years already), we would smear him with aquaphor straight out of the bath. We would massage it into his skin all over and play funny games while we did it. It was a little ritual that we enjoyed. At least he got some loving touch each day.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 9:46 pm
Cerave and aquaphor multiple times per day. Humidifiers to keep air moist. Filter on bath faucet, kids can be reacting to stuff in the water. Nothing scented including shampoos and soaps. Support baby’s digestion, gut , liver and immune system. Topical cbd.

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 10:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Is it a clear liquid, or does it have a color? Is it completely odorless too? If yes, it's probably good.

cuties' mom

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 10:10 pm
Is he on any antihistamines? Atarax is good for kids this age. Ds had terrible eczema as a baby. Our first allergist prescribed zyrtec which did nothing and mupirocen which is similar to bacitration. A dermatologist prescribed atarax and cutivate which cleared up the eczema.

amother
Narcissus

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 10:32 pm
All the best!
But definitely check out allergies to all ingredients in soaps & detergents.

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 10:38 pm
Tide is a strong detergent. Try switching to a healthier brand detergent.

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 10:48 pm
Forgot to add, make sure to always do a 2nd rinse cycle. Most washing machines have it as an option. If yours doesn't just do a rinse cycle right after your load is done.

rising hero

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 11:18 pm
No soap on the face and moisturize within three minutes after a bath. Moisturize 3 times a day and/or every diaper change. I had good experience with theraplex (link posted). Also if its temporarily worse due to weather or such you can do cortisone until it gets better and then maintain with moisturizer. I would not recommend taking him off more foods.
(Im not sure where you live but I had a very good experience with dr. Patel from nyu with my child. Hes an allergist.)

This is very good but I see now it's out of stock.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....4d1d9
I also have this one and it's is also good.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....c7de2

amother
Jean

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 11:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My baby's eczema is flaring up terribly.
Is there something to put in the bathwater and let him soak in it?
Also, it's mostly on his face. His pillow is all bloody because he keeps scratching his face. Sad
Any advice is helpful.

My cousin had terrible case of eczema he tried all diff creams and meds he flew to Arizona for weeks on end but really nothing was helping. He then tried a steam room everyday for 15-20min on 120’ F and the change was magnificent! It was his healer! If it’s a baby I wouldn’t recommend so hot and for so long but go inside with your baby and sit there with him take along a bottle too and see how long he can handle for (it does wonders)

amother
Hyacinth

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 11:39 pm
amother [ Catmint ] wrote:
Poor baby and mom is right
I am also dealing with a baby with eczema
I am breast feeding as db is young I am off of dairy chocolate coconut pineapple chicken and gluten with that there is significant improvement for different people different foods will trigger although dairy and gluten are very common as well as other high allergens
The winter weather plus steam aggravate
I spray a probiotic spray baby biotic which helps with healing

When I took eggs out of my diet, my baby's eczema cleared. Until then it was terribly red and sore on his poor little cheeks.

Now 13 years later Smile he doesn't have food allergies, but gets bad eczema when the cold weather hits.

amother
Viola

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 11:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Look if it has sodium laurel sulfate as an ingredient. That is often an irritant.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 11:53 pm
amother [ Dandelion ] wrote:
Forgot to add, make sure to always do a 2nd rinse cycle. Most washing machines have it as an option. If yours doesn't just do a rinse cycle right after your load is done.

Interesting. I never heard this one.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 11:55 pm
amother [ Jean ] wrote:
My cousin had terrible case of eczema he tried all diff creams and meds he flew to Arizona for weeks on end but really nothing was helping. He then tried a steam room everyday for 15-20min on 120’ F and the change was magnificent! It was his healer! If it’s a baby I wouldn’t recommend so hot and for so long but go inside with your baby and sit there with him take along a bottle too and see how long he can handle for (it does wonders)

What's a steam room? Just sit in a steamy bathroom with shower running?

womanwithaplan

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 11:59 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
Tide is a strong detergent. Try switching to a healthier brand detergent.

Seconding this. Even if its "free and clear" it still contains lots of chemicals. Try amazon for an all natural detergent such as puracy. Try to switch over your dishwashing detergent and household cleaners for natural products as well. I've done the switch and have tested many different brands. You can PM me for links.

For my daughters (admittedly mild) case of eczema I saw big improvement with a cool mist humidifier in her bedroom to combat the dry winter air.

If you are willing to try alternative treatment, you can seek out a well recommended naturopath in your area. Many people have seen improvement for eczema with natural treatment.

Whatever you do, wishing you much hatzlacha!!

amother
Dandelion

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 12:00 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Interesting. I never heard this one.

Our pediatrician explained it to me. It made alot of sense. We tried so many things at the same time so I'll never know whether it makes a difference.

I still do it now even though my kids eczema is so mild at this point. I take no risks.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics