Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood High School (new thread)
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 7:58 am
amother [ Alyssum ] wrote:
Most schools? I only heard that Bais Kaila is doing this. Do the girls still have to take the entrance exam if they were interviewed and accepted?

I heard of other schools who also did this. And they definitely have to take the entrance exam. And they have not been officially accepted, just interviewed.

amother
Alyssum

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 8:03 am
Chayalle wrote:
I heard of other schools who also did this. And they definitely have to take the entrance exam. And they have not been officially accepted, just interviewed.

Oh, they don’t get accepted after the interview? Interesting…
I don’t know if it’s true but I heard that the new Bais Faiga high school is telling girls they are accepted after the interview but they will loose their acceptance if they take the entrance exam.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 8:23 am
I don’t know if it’s true but I heard that the new Bais Faiga high school is telling girls they are accepted after the interview but they will loose their acceptance if they take the entrance exam.

That sounds very surprising as they are listed on the advertisement for the entrance exam.

Maybe they will loose their acceptance if they apply elsewhere?

I have heard of people (BF parents) who were told they were not accepted by the new Bais Faiga high school.

small bean

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 10:48 am
Oros sent applications for siblings but did not have interviews yet.

You still do need to take enterance exams.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 10:51 am

Why wouldn't they want the girls to take the entrance exam? Sounds strange. I would think the opposite - that they would loose their acceptance if they don't take it.

BK made it very clear that siblings MUST take the entrance exam, that the interview does not guarantee acceptance, it's just in order to speed up the process.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 11:02 am
Chayalle wrote:
Why wouldn't they want the girls to take the entrance exam? Sounds strange. I would think the opposite - that they would loose their acceptance if they don't take it.

BK made it very clear that siblings MUST take the entrance exam, that the interview does not guarantee acceptance, it's just in order to speed up the process.

My kids came home saying BF said it and then back tracked bec the other high schools were furious snd said everyone must take the exam.
I have no clue if this is true.

amother
Oldlace

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 1:18 pm
amother [ Daisy ] wrote:
Can you say more about the school that’s opening for Tiferes Chaya and Bnos hadassah girls?

I don't have any info I was just talking to some parents who send to Tiferes Chaya and are very happy this school is opening. That is all the info I have.

Tiferes Chaya girls have a problem because besides for Bais Leah they don't really have any place to go. Bais Leah has a feeder school so they don't take everyone.

amother
Alyssum

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 1:37 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
My kids came home saying BF said it and then back tracked bec the other high schools were furious snd said everyone must take the exam.
I have no clue if this is true.

My daughters friend got accepted to the bf high school but then told her she will loose her place if she takes the entrance exam. I guess by the time the girls take the exam the new bf high school wants to know how many spots they have for other applicants. When they give the exam they give out applications to all the high schools too.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 1:46 pm
Most schools? I only heard that Bais Kaila is doing this. Do the girls still have to take the entrance exam if they were interviewed and accepted?

My older sister was already in bais kaila, and they still made me take the entrance exam. And they STILL gave my family a hard time
about accepting me despite already having a sibling in the school! (I was a very nice, quiet, goody 2 shoes kid.) From what I hear and what I’ve seen written on imamother, Lakewood hasn’t changed at all in regards to school acceptance and it’s very sad.

amother
Daisy

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 1:59 pm
amother [ Oldlace ] wrote:
I don't have any info I was just talking to some parents who send to Tiferes Chaya and are very happy this school is opening. That is all the info I have.

Tiferes Chaya girls have a problem because besides for Bais Leah they don't really have any place to go. Bais Leah has a feeder school so they don't take everyone.
This will be very relevant to me in a few short years, hence my strong interest Wink I guess if it really happens I will know about it. There was talk a year or 2 ago of such a school opening (by the owners of darchei avoseinu) but it didn’t pan out.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 6:04 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
My older sister was already in bais kaila, and they still made me take the entrance exam. And they STILL gave my family a hard time
about accepting me despite already having a sibling in the school! (I was a very nice, quiet, goody 2 shoes kid.) From what I hear and what I’ve seen written on imamother, Lakewood hasn’t changed at all in regards to school acceptance and it’s very sad.

I'm surprised by this. How long ago? When I sent DD #2 to BK, they pretty much accepted her on the phone (but she had to take the entrance exam and go thru the process. I'm doing same now with next DD.) I hate to say this but something else must have been going on, either with older sister, or with relationship with the school.

amother
Melon

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 6:09 am

Whats the name of this school?

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 6:10 am
any other information on bais faigas school for other applicants? what type of crowd do they plan on taking from non bais faiga schools. ?

also does bais Kayla cater to more academic students at all? I know its an easier school all around but wonder if they have a harder track

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 6:20 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
any other information on bais faigas school for other applicants? what type of crowd do they plan on taking from non bais faiga schools. ?

also does bais Kayla cater to more academic students at all? I know its an easier school all around but wonder if they have a harder track

Bais Kaila has been known to cater to all types of students with tracks. I think the fact that they can cater to students who need an easier track makes people think that BK is an easier school. I don't think this is necessarily accurate. I have had relatives in BK who are VERY academic (a niece, for example, who is now Pre-med and is super bright) and BK knows how to challenge them.

In addition to that, Mrs. Epstein recently told me that BK has raised their academics across the board recently.

small bean

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 7:00 am
Chayalle wrote:
That sounds very surprising as they are listed on the advertisement for the entrance exam.

Maybe they will loose their acceptance if they apply elsewhere?

I have heard of people (BF parents) who were told they were not accepted by the new Bais Faiga high school.

My family had similar story in another school. They wanted to make a point that they dont forsure take siblings, so they didnt accept a bunch of siblings until the end of the summer. My parents did not worry about it.

Bais kaila does a lot of things behund the scenes that are not nice to people for their benefit.

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 1:15 pm
small bean wrote:
My family had similar story in another school. They wanted to make a point that they dont forsure take siblings, so they didnt accept a bunch of siblings until the end of the summer. My parents did not worry about it.

Why do schools do this?

They know in the end they will be taking the girls, so why do they have to put them through this?

What is the benefit?

small bean

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 2:00 pm
Why do schools do this?

They know in the end they will be taking the girls, so why do they have to put them through this?

What is the benefit?

They benefit because when theres 50 girls left, you still get the girls that you want.

They also benefit because they scare families jnto complying.

They also bemefit because they create a fictional elitism.

sra

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 2:29 pm
What's the name of the new school opening? The one where tiferes chaya girls will go

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 3:36 pm
Chayalle wrote:

It’s true. Having a sibling in BK doesn’t mean they will also accept for the next ones.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 3:42 pm
small bean wrote:

Bais kaila does a lot of things behund the scenes that are not nice to people for their benefit.

Yes agree 💯 to all of the above as someone who has personally experienced this firsthand with bais kaila!
Page 2 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries