Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
City clerk appointments??

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 5:17 pm
I went through the whole process online of applying for a marriage license, and then you need to schedule an appointment. Only at the end of uploading all your info, it says no appointments are available but keep checking in as they add more weekly. It didn't say when in the week this happens. I checked back a couple of times but I assumed weekly probably means Monday so I was just waiting for today hoping it would refresh. But I'm still getting the message that there are no appointments available.

Help?! This seems a little crazy.

SG18

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 7:19 pm
I went as a walk in pre Covid. Maybe try that?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 7:21 pm
I assume that people cancel and that appointments are grabbed up as they are posted. check back every few hours

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 7:46 pm
Walk-ins are a pre-covid thing, they don't do that anymore.

I have been checking quite a bit and have never gotten a result. I wish they would let you book farther in advance if it tends to fill up, or tell you when they reset it so you can try to log in at the right time.

I'm especially annoyed that they make you fill out the whole application before telling you that they have nothing available.

ellacoe

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 8:08 pm
Try Rockland County, or somewhere else near NYC.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 8:11 pm
That's probably what we'll end up doing which is why I'm so annoyed about having to go through the process before being denied an appointment (second marriage for both so there was quite a bit to enter and upload).

Anyone know if there's another place that does it online, since we are in NYC and it would be very difficult to have to go elsewhere during office hours?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries