Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I love weight watchers but…

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 6:14 pm
I can’t handle having a bad day because there’s no fixing it- my whole week is ruined!!

amother
Camellia

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 6:26 pm
Why does it make you think that your whole week is ruined?

amother
Aster

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 6:33 pm
Just get right back on track! That’s what ww says…

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 6:40 pm
That’s the way weight watchers is set up. It’s a weekly system of points. You go way over your points and then your whole week is off. Yes there are weeklies to dig into, but I save those for shabbos. So say I had a day where I ate 45 points instead of 25 , there’s really no way to redeem myself.

torquoise

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 6:50 pm
I can understand. I felt that way too when I was on WW. Are you losing weight?
It only helps if you are motivated, which usually comes from losing weight, and that wasn't the case for me.

amother
Camellia

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 6:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That’s the way weight watchers is set up. It’s a weekly system of points. You go way over your points and then your whole week is off. Yes there are weeklies to dig into, but I save those for shabbos. So say I had a day where I ate 45 points instead of 25 , there’s really no way to redeem myself.

That's harsh.¨

I understand it is not very motivating when you are made to think that everything is lost for the whole week.

Can you keep up courage and just tell yourself "No, at least I kept the points for 6, or 5 or 4 days in the week?
Not everything has to be perfect!

The advantage of WW is that it is one of the rare diets where you get enough of all nutrients.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 7:16 pm
torquoise wrote:
It only helps if you are motivated, which usually comes from losing weight, and that wasn't the case for me.
not over the past 3 weeks but I have lost quite a bit in the past. Right now I’m struggling.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 7:18 pm
amother [ Camellia ] wrote:
That's harsh.¨

I understand it is not very motivating when you are made to think that everything is lost for the whole week.

Can you keep up courage and just tell yourself "No, at least I kept the points for 6, or 5 or 4 days in the week?
Not everything has to be perfect!

The advantage of WW is that it is one of the rare diets where you get enough of all nutrients.
I can try to tell myself that but unfortunately it won’t equal weight loss.

amother
Aster

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 7:21 pm
When that happens to me I just give myself the full daily points and continue on
Usually if I get right back on track there is no gain by the next weigh in

amother
Apple

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 7:26 pm
torquoise wrote:

Agree, I was never successful on ww. I’d lose some weight but then end up gaining it back (I tried the program a few different times). Their diet is not sustainable for most people long term. That’s also why they keep changing the program, re points, plans, etc. Every time I’ve gone back they had a completely new system that I wasn’t familiar with. If their plan worked long term, they wouldn’t mess with perfection and keep changing it.

What ultimately helped me lose was high protein, very low carb and I found it curbed all my hunger and cravings which stayed with me while I was on ww.

amother
Starflower

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 7:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I can’t handle having a bad day because there’s no fixing it- my whole week is ruined!!

It's true that on WW if you go over points you can't "get them back" (without tons of exercise for activity points), because once you've eaten calories you can't delete them on any diet plan (without exercising them off).

Actually, WW is better than most diets in terms of getting back on track after a slip-up. If you blew it one day on WW, you can just restart the next day, but if you blow it one day on a keto/low carb/Atkins diet, you throw yourself out of ketosis, which itself can trigger an even bigger binge. Then, to get back on track, you have to spend 3-4 days trying to get your body back into ketosis, battling carb cravings all the way. I think WW is better.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise