Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
If you're a naturally happy person despite difficult

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 7:31 am
challenges, how? What do you tell yourself to keep happy?

amother
Eggplant

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 7:32 am
No... But writing things down relieved me when I was bumping my head against a wall...

amother
Darkblue

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 7:36 am
Try to accept that the challenges are there for a reason, ultimately for good, even if I can’t understand how.

Focus on the positive things in my life and constantly feel grateful for them

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 7:37 am
If you're happy, were you born that way or do you work at it ?

amother
Chambray

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 8:14 am
I work at it.
Concentrate on the good.
Fake it till you make it.
Studies show that the physical act of smiling, even when completely faked, releases stress-relieving and pain-relieving chemicals identical to those released when you're happy.

This being said, I was blessed with such a strong sense of humor that I used to get in trouble for laughing too much in class. Often I'll say "I'm sure this is going to be a very funny story in five years, but it's not so funny right now." Just saying that lightens the mood, because I'm already thinking of amusing ways to tell the story. That shifts the focus away from the difficulty to the humorous aspects of the situation.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 7:32 pm
Good ideas

Beingreal

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 7:38 pm
I feel if I don't feel positive then I can't get through life. There are challenges yes, I can't deny that. But I always think there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 7:43 pm
I would say im naturally unhappy. I try to be happy and I do envy Happy people. I am suffering from depression but I am
Trying very hard focus on positive and count my blessings because bh I have many. I dont think I walk around noticeably unhappy but its an inner unhappiness that I hope to get rid of soon. I always remind myself that my name means hidden happiness so the happy must be there someplace.

torquoise

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 7:51 pm
It sounds like you're in a hard place, and I can relate. There were times when I went to my room and wanted to scream and curse at Hashem for the things He gave me to deal with. So I hope I'm not saying this at the wrong moment for you.

Keeping Olam Haba in mind helps me a lot. There WILL be a day of reckoning, and you will be rewarded for every tear and ounce of stress. There's a purpose to it all. Every single bit of it.

I try remind myself that I just work here. I'm just here to do a job. It's not always easy or enjoyable, but there's schar for the hard times.

Hugs op. I really hope things get easier for you, and you find the joy in life.

amother
Tomato

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 7:53 pm
Prozac

amother
RosePink

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 8:09 pm
I'm naturally happy and optimistic.

BH I'm in the waning stages of the difficult days so it much easier but these things helped at the peak.

Support from family, friends, daas torah, and therapist made a big difference. I only needed an occasional validation and that keeps me going for days.

Black humor was a biggie-laughing at myself, at the situation helped me look at the sitaution from a distance and not get caught up in despair...

Self care

emunah (some of the time)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 07 2022, 3:33 pm
Bump
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics