Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Lakewood- Please tell me where to buy a dining room set...
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 10:03 am
In Lakewood obviously.. or near Lakewood
I’ve been living here for many years and haven’t bought any furniture locally aside for a bed!
Where do people shop for furniture?
Who would have a nice selection of dining room tables and chairs?
We are finally, finally ready to replace our old second hand dining room!

Thanks

Chayalle

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 10:05 am
I have heard of Katz's furniture.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 10:48 am
I bought mine in TH interiors. It’s beautiful

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 11:12 am
We serviced a new furniture store in Tom's River advertised last year
I think Sorrento
https://sorrentohome.net/

[anyonymous cuz people know I work for this service and don't want to out myself]

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 11:30 am
Sterns furniture just opened in lakewood also. I think next to confection collection.

amother
Yarrow

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 10:23 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:

How do their prices compare to Churchil, Living Quarters, Katz, and Decorative Touch?

Which of the above places is known to offer better discounts for the same furniture?

tia

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 10:30 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:

Same

lkwdgirl

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 10:31 pm
It’s totally worth a trip to boro park to go to taubus

amother
Yarrow

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 10:40 pm
How do "TH" prices compare to Churchil, Living Quarters, Katz, and Decorative Touch?

Which of the above places is known to offer the best discounts for the same furniture? Many of these places are selling the same brands. I hear the same brand names from all the stores when asking for upper medium quality.

tia

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 10:56 pm
if you wanted for pesach, you are prob a bit late because these are usually custom orders. From my furniture shopping experience, Katz and churchill have beautiful selection, good quality. Living quarters and decorative touch caters to a bit more high end stuff. Probably more pricey as well. TH I think is somewhere in the middle of those -maybe a bit more towards the higher end side

amother
Yarrow

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 11:35 pm
delete

amother
Bone

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 11:39 pm
Sterns opened in lakewood. TH interiors, Katz's...
Sorrento and Decorative touch are bit more upscale I think.
I'm not sure that churchill does dining rooms but I could be wrong...

amother
Stoneblue

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 9:58 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
if you wanted for pesach, you are prob a bit late because these are usually custom orders. From my furniture shopping experience, Katz and churchill have beautiful selection, good quality. Living quarters and decorative touch caters to a bit more high end stuff. Probably more pricey as well. TH I think is somewhere in the middle of those -maybe a bit more towards the higher end side

In my shopping experience I have actually found Living Quarters to be very reasonably priced...They have a very large selection so automatically youll have the highend stuff as well as more inexpensive options. I actually bought a stunning set at LQ lakewood that What a deal also had...so obviously there will be a range... I also overheard someones decorator in the store state the following that certain companies you can only find at Living Quarters. Not sure which ones she was referring to...guess it boils down to being a discerning customer.

sweetdimples

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 10:05 pm
amother [ Yarrow ] wrote:
How do "TH" prices compare to Churchil, Living Quarters, Katz, and Decorative Touch?

Which of the above places is known to offer the best discounts for the same furniture? Many of these places are selling the same brands. I hear the same brand names from all the stores when asking for upper medium quality.

tia

Living Quarters is known to give discounts when placing choson kalla package orders or other multiple furnishing purchases

amother
Yarrow

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 8:59 pm
1. What does a decent quality dining room set cost? Table and 8 or 10 chairs?

2. What are people buying, besides table and chairs? Maybe one or 2 curios? What’s the price range for curios?

3. Don’t most of the frum stores have mostly traditional furniture?

4. Which Lakewood area stores have quality but reasonable classy modern furniture?

tia

amother
Stoneblue

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 9:04 am
amother Yarrow wrote:

2. What are people buying, besides table and chairs? Maybe one or 2 curios? What’s the price range for curios?

4. Which Lakewood area stores have quality but reasonable classy modern furniture?

tia

I have found Dina’s by living quarters to have unparalleled quality as well as reasonably priced, classy, modern, and contemporary furniture .

amother
Cognac

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 9:15 am
amother Yarrow wrote:

tia

1. Prob starting at 8-10k and up

2. Buffet. No one does curios anymore. If you want some sort of display you can do custom built ins (decorative touch started offering this)

3. Almost no frum stores carry the traditional style furniture you’re thinking of in Lakewood. They have gorgeous modern and custom

4. Decorative touch- most expensive and most quality, recently merged with Abode
TH interiors- beautiful things
Living quarters- I’ve never shopped there
Katz’s- less expensive, not great quality in my own experience, but that could just be what I bought
Churchill- cheapest, some good some cheapy

amother
Yarrow

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 9:45 pm
amother Khaki wrote:
We serviced a new furniture store in Tom's River advertised last year
I think Sorrento
https://sorrentohome.net/

[anyonymous cuz people know I work for this service and don't want to out myself]

I went there last week. It was supposed to be open til 6pm. It was dark at about 5pm.

amother
Crystal

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 9:51 pm
Sorrento went out of business a couple of weeks ago

meo

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 12:35 am
amother Yarrow wrote:

tia

Churchill has great prices
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics