Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Braces in Lakewood

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 11:49 am
Im new to this and wanted to know who people are happy with, its so expensive (insurance doesnt pay) and if I need for several children I want to make sure its someone good. Who do people use?

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 11:51 am
Dr Ari Krug
My girls' dentist has complimented them on what a great job he did. Plus it's a really nice, friendly practice, and he's very patient.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 11:55 am
Thanks, thats who saw us for consult just want to hear that people are happy there before we proceed.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 12:02 pm
Following

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 12:05 pm
I was just there yesterday. My DD has not been very cooperative with wearing her rubberbands in the past, and he got her to shape up (and complimented her on the difference he is seeing) with such patience and gentleness, no criticism at all, just motivation. I'm always so impressed with his manner. His office is also so kid-friendly (and adult friendly too!)

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 12:09 pm
I did use Krug (no complaints at all) but just tried someone else for another child. I have no problem with Dr Krug at all, I just felt this child could use a different experience for many reasons that have nothing to do with Dr. Krug's expertise.

I went to Dr Schwitz in Howell and was really impressed.

amother
Burntblack

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 12:11 pm
I started out using dr kormehl who is considered very good (my dentist’s first choice). But he is also expensive and far and office is a bit crazy.
Switched to dr Friedman. I was very happy. Still expensive Sad. Very calm office. Explains things.

amother
Bone

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 12:21 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
I did use Krug (no complaints at all) but just tried someone else for another child. I have no problem with Dr Krug at all, I just felt this child could use a different experience for many reasons that have nothing to do with Dr. Krug's expertise.

Can you explain what you mean by that? What's the difference in experience between the 2 offices?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 12:39 pm
Also trying to make a decision between braces and invisalign. What are the pros and cons of each. My dd isnt the most responsible so I feel braces are safer yet im concered that it would be hard to care for her teeth with braces which can result in more cavities?

mashcsch

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 12:40 pm
We use Dr. Schwitz. Very happy. Professional, calm office. Patient doctor and nurses.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 12:41 pm
Did Dr. Krug move to his new office yet?

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 1:00 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Did Dr. Krug move to his new office yet?

Yes. It's large, airy, beautiful. Plus more stream-lined. I was in and out in 1/2 hour.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 1:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Also trying to make a decision between braces and invisalign. What are the pros and cons of each. My dd isnt the most responsible so I feel braces are safer yet im concered that it would be hard to care for her teeth with braces which can result in more cavities?

It definitely is a concern. I got my DD a water pic to brush her teeth better.

amother
Tuberose

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 11:53 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:

amother [ Bone ] wrote:
Can you explain what you mean by that? What's the difference in experience between the 2 offices?

I'd also appreciate to hear the difference between the 2 offices. Thanks!

sweet

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 12:08 am
My daughter using Dr. Krug now.
So far Im very happy with his work, and my other kids all want to come along for appointments to get ice cream. Lol

however I dont know if this is a lakewood thing but the rooms" are like stalls with a dental.chair and the dentist goes from 1 to the next on his stool.

amother
Tuberose

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 12:09 am
Anyone paying out of pocket for braces? How much does it cost?

amother
Brickred

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 12:38 am
amother [ Tuberose ] wrote:
Anyone paying out of pocket for braces? How much does it cost?

We were quoted 5800 by Dr. Krug and a $250 sibling discount on the 2nd child.
We ended up using Dr. Wang whose office is much nicer and more efficient (haven't been to Krug's new office). It was basically the same price and their sibling discount is 10% (we're doing 4!) which added up to much bigger savings.
Another plus is that their office is right near Costco and I don't need to use the dreaded traffic riddled 9.
I also like that I can communicate with them by text instead of waiting forever on the phone by Krug.
He was recommended by our dentist whom I really trust and so far I'm very happy.

amother
Brickred

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 12:40 am
Chayalle says Krugs new office has less waiting time so could be that changed. But I did 4 consults in the old office and each time waited over an hour in the waiting room. By Dr. Wang I was in and out in no time.

amother
Tuberose

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 12:43 am
Thanks brickred!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics