Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Stroller suggestions

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 10:16 pm
Looking for a stroller, having a baby after a long gap. Needs to be great for walking in Brooklyn and ok for folding in car (will not be in and out of car much with this stroller, I assume a snap and go or doona will fill that need). Must be able to reverse to face parent. I’d love a bassinet attachment but I feel like that stage is so short that as long as the stroller lays flat it’s fine. I don’t need it to be able to expand to fit two kids and don’t need to add a buggy board of any sort. Budget is flexible, the features above are most important.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 10:31 pm
I have the Uppababy Vista. It's strong and rides very smoothly. It is pretty bulky and heavy though. The Cruz is more compact. I haven't tried it, but if it's of the same quality, I would recommend it.

gr82no

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 10:46 pm
I didn’t get it but the graco nest fits all your requirements. If you get the graco nest travel system than it comes with a car seat that snaps in and out of the stroller.
I have a different graco stroller and I love it. Mine was a cheaper model so it doesn’t have a good push on snow and wood chips but otherwise perfect

challahchallah

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 10:58 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
I have the Uppababy Vista. It's strong and rides very smoothly. It is pretty bulky and heavy though. The Cruz is more compact. I haven't tried it, but if it's of the same quality, I would recommend it.

I have the Cruz and it’s great. The quality is very good, and it’s easy to pop in and out of the car. I also had the uppababy Mesa car seat when my child was an infant and it’s easy to snap into the frame. They now have the V2 Cruz, which is supposed to have a nicer push than the original version I have, but it’s also 4 lbs heavier. I think both versions are still available, so you can decide what’s more important to you.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 11:15 pm
Thanks so much for the suggestions!

SG18

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 1:50 am
Colugo Complete. Better price than UPPAbaby for similar specs, and has an optional infant kit you can add to make seat more geared toward baby in the first six months.

amother
Melon

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 9:59 am
Uppababy is quite bulky and heavy. Have you looked into cybex? Love the cybex priam. Also graco make a nice travel system.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 10:10 am
Haven’t looked into anything yet. When my older kids were babies hardly any of these were around so they’re all new to me. Will add Cybex to the list.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 10:11 am
Nuna mixx

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 11:22 am
I’m eyeing the bugaboo lynx. I have the bee and love it but want a full size stroller for this one. The only thing I’m unsure about is that you need two hands to recline the seat. The bee is wonderful and easy for in and out of the car! If you don’t live in a place with broken sidewalks (like Los Angeles;)), I’d definitely recommend the new Bee 6.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 11:32 am
We used the Uppababy Cruz for a first two. It's great but definitely bulky once you get used to lighter strollers. The Vista is a monstrosity so if you don't need another attached seat Def stay away..

Then we used yoyo with bassinet for next baby. Maybe a bit *too* light for newborn stage.

If I have another, I'd definitely go with Cybex!

amother
Midnight

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 12:14 pm
having lived in Brooklyn for many years, and reading what you're looking for, I think the new bugaboo bee6 would fit the bill. Wheels are larger than previous bee models, so push even better. Folds quite well for car, faces forward, has bassinet option but also lays flat if your want to skip that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics