Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Asking for a raise email

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 11:04 am
Can anyone help me come up with an email to request a raise? I work for an agency as a therapist and have been wanting one for a while. I just found out the going rate for my job in different agencies is about 5+ dollars an hour more then I'm making now.
My coworker switched to the other agency for pay increase but I figure I have nothing to lose to try to email my boss first...

justforfun87

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 11:14 am
This conversation is supposed to be done in person. Do you have an upcoming review?

zaq

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 11:17 am
Don't do this via email; do it in person.

amother
Clematis

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 11:18 am
Hi

I’d like to bring to your attention salary and title requests that I have.
It has been a significant amount of time since my last salary adjustment and I would like to revisit that now.
I’ve been working at —- for —- years. Over this time I’ve only received positive reviews and I have a solid reputation of —-

List accomplishments, contributions, how you are an asset.

Compensation
I did some research matching up my responsibilities and years of experience with the average salary in the insustry.

… share your research. Where did you look. Average salary for how many years work, responsibilities. Give a range. Like 50-55/hr…

What I found is that someone with my job description there is a rage of 50-55 per hour.

There is a significant gap between my salary and the salaries quoted.

Title
Do you want promotion or new title?
Ask for it now.

Conclusion
I continue to be a valuable employee of ___ with my many years of experience.
I believe my accomplishments at ___ merits a higher salary to meet the gap between my salary and industry norms.
A target salary of $.. seems well aligned to the current market especially considering the additional value I’ve given to the company since my salary was set.
I look forward to hearing how this can happen.

Give a due date

I’d like to hear back by … regarding what —- can do

Thank you tor your time and consideration.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 11:19 am
I hardly ever see my boss in person. I'm an independent contractor and we always communicate via email..

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 11:20 am
amother [ Clematis ] wrote:
Hi

I’d like to bring to your attention salary and title requests that I have.
It has been a significant amount of time since my last salary adjustment and I would like to revisit that now.
I’ve been working at —- for —- years. Over this time I’ve only received positive reviews and I have a solid reputation of —-

List accomplishments, contributions, how you are an asset.

Compensation
I did some research matching up my responsibilities and years of experience with the average salary in the insustry.

… share your research. Where did you look. Average salary for how many years work, responsibilities. Give a range. Like 50-55/hr…

What I found is that someone with my job description there is a rage of 50-55 per hour.

There is a significant gap between my salary and the salaries quoted.

Title
Do you want promotion or new title?
Ask for it now.

Conclusion
I continue to be a valuable employee of ___ with my many years of experience.
I believe my accomplishments at ___ merits a higher salary to meet the gap between my salary and industry norms.
A target salary of $.. seems well aligned to the current market especially considering the additional value I’ve given to the company since my salary was set.
I look forward to hearing how this can happen.

Give a due date

I’d like to hear back by … regarding what —- can do

Thank you tor your time and consideration.

Wow! Thank you!!

amother
Canary

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 11:24 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I hardly ever see my boss in person. I'm an independent contractor and we always communicate via email..

I also work for an agency and communicated via email asking for a raise. I basically said.....hi, I was recently made aware that other agencies are paying $10 more per hour for the services I provide. Would you be willing to match it? Thank you.

Good luck.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 11:26 am
amother [ Canary ] wrote:
I also work for an agency and communicated via email asking for a raise. I basically said.....hi, I was recently made aware that other agencies are paying $10 more per hour for the services I provide. Would you be willing to match it? Thank you.

Good luck.

And your agency matched it in the end?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics