Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
What do teen and tween boys read? (Jewish books)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 2:33 pm
So my 11 year old loved Tzviki Green and Kids Speak. TMI

What other books are out there for this age?

Also, my 13 year old has read secular books for a long time and is maxing out on middle grade books that I'm ok with. (I preread them all first.) I feel like all of the Jewish books out there that he would like are all really geared towards adults. I don't want him reading about husband/wife relationships, or family drama, or things like that. Any ideas for books that are just adventure, or historical fiction (again, without drama) or things like that?

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 6:06 pm
Check out kosherbooks.org for secular books.

Editing for clarity.
For Jewish books, here are some authors:
Tweens and tween+ - Yehuda Cahn, M.C. Millman, Zev Spektor, Nathan Sternfeld's Rebbe Mendel, Rabbi Juravel, Yechezkel Yudkowsky, Gewirtz - The Mystery of the Missing Bar Mitzvah Gift, Mystery of the Missing Pushke, Tova Shkedi, Under Cover, Wheels of Mystery, Dual Discovery, The Cohens of Tzfat, Jerusalem Diaries and other Miriam Zakon books
Teens - Chaim Eliav, Y Sapir, Y Weinstock, M Kenan, Power Plays by Yonah Klein, Greenbaum (as was mentioned), Marcus Lehmann (yes really), Gershon Kranzler (ditto), The Exiles of Crocodile Island, Ben Tzion Firer, Dovid Meyer

Biographies - My Footsteps Echo, Rav Gustman, As Long As I Live, To Remain a Jew, Living Legend, Building for Eternity, Rav Kulefsky, I Am Your Servant (Rabbi Tendler), At Any Hour (Rabbi Gissinger), Just Love Them, The 28th of Iyar

Last edited by PinkFridge on Tue, Jan 25 2022, 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

GLUE

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 6:12 pm
Dark Island-I don't have the author and I know that it is part of a serial, they are adventure books

Years ago I don't know if it is still in print -Cherry Boys Band- sorry I don't have author

mha3484

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 6:13 pm
My son has read the whole Jewish library twice at least. Do you have one in your city its great.

He likes Avner gold, marcus lehman, meir uri gottesman, m keenan. TONS of comics I cant really keep the authors straight.

He recently read the biography of A'Peer and after swearing he hates biographies he loved it. Its by nachman seltzer.

He read this huge novel called the Will and really liked it. Its by chaim greenbaum. Another recent book was Wanted by Yonah Sapir. I think he has two other books he wrote as well.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 7:32 pm
GLUE wrote:
Dark Island-I don't have the author and I know that it is part of a serial, they are adventure books

Years ago I don't know if it is still in print -Cherry Boys Band- sorry I don't have author

Galila Ben Uri and Chaim Finkelstein/MC Millman (they're not the same person).

GLUE

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 12:14 am
These books have bean out of print for years, if you can find them....

Flight to seven swan Bay-June Leavitt

The lost children of Tarshish-Ehud Tokatly

(Maybe it's time for a reprint)

seeker

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 1:23 am
If your teen likes adventure/drama but you just don't want it to be adult/mature drama, maybe look for the action novels that were trending in the 90s/aughts. Minimal psychology, zero romance, lots of Nazis. Gordian Knot, Calculated Risk, Time Bomb, I don't remember other titles but those are the genre I'm thinking of.

11 year olds around me are all into the graphic novels.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 7:03 am
For teens: Nachman Seltzer
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room