Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Camp Shoresh sports - info pls

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 1:37 am
Looking for info on Camp Shoresh (the sports one for boys). Do OOT yeshivish boys go? Are the boys into clothing / name brands? Is there a difference between first and second half? Is the staff responsive to parental concerns?
Anything else I should know?
Tia

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 8:32 pm
Bump

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 2:49 am
Bump
Anyone had a son go there?
I'm getting some not great vibes about this camp and wondering if things have changed recently for the better?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 4:04 am
amother Azure wrote:
Bump
Anyone had a son go there?
I'm getting some not great vibes about this camp and wondering if things have changed recently for the better?

I'm the OP from last year. My son didn't end up going there last year due to a family simcha but we are considering it this year. I hope anyone with information responds.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 7:30 am
Bumping for the morning crowd

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 7:49 am
My son went there for 2 years and had a great time. I don't think the camp is too fancy.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 8:21 am
My son was there last year. I don't think he has any awareness of brand names and stuff, could just be him but I didn't get the sense that it's important in camp. He had lots of friends and had a great time. He was there both halves and I didn't notice a difference. It's really hard to tell because as a parent you're not actually there, all I know is that my kid was happy and seemed well cared for. He didn't love the food and supplemented a lot at the canteen so I'd try to send lots of healthy snacks if possible.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 8:31 am
Ok, interesting to hear. The camp is pretty expensive and two people so far told me it attracts a very "rich" crowd. It's one of the things I'm hesitant about

amother
Green

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 8:34 am
It is expensive. We are not rich and it was challenging even with help, but he didn't get in anywhere else, there were no options at home, and his very close best friend was going here so we made it happen. I don't think rich means snobby. There are plenty of snobby kids who can't actually afford the things they flaunt. I think they go to girl camps though... lol
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children