Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Shalach Manos containers -- cheap but don't look it

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 8:39 pm
I'd like to make a salad or something similar, but I don't want to put it into a tupperware container -- would like something nicer. The problem is that all the nicer things seem pricey.

In the past I've made the salad Chinese themed and put it in a takeout container. Bought them on Amazon. Is there anything like that, that I can put a regular salad in without looking tacky? I live out of town, so really just a step above tupperware is fine, we're not fancy here Wink

seeker

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 8:52 pm
I used takeout containers and didn't think it was tacky but could be I'm just out of touch? The kind that's black on bottom and clear on top. Print a nice label to put on.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 9:09 pm
seeker wrote:
I used takeout containers and didn't think it was tacky but could be I'm just out of touch? The kind that's black on bottom and clear on top. Print a nice label to put on.

Thanks! It maybe could work. How did you attach the second min? Or did you use one with a double compartment?

lamplighter

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 9:17 pm
I ordered plastic salad containers on Amazon. Just like the cafes. I think they come in pkgs of 50. Scalloped edges.

seeker

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 10:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks! It maybe could work. How did you attach the second min? Or did you use one with a double compartment?

I used a double compartment but you could also put something on top, or in a condiment-sized container inside...

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 10:15 pm
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....c5266
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics