Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Vaccine schedule and what to do if they miss them?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 12:15 am
do all doctors in NY follow the same vaccine schedule? at what months do babies get vaccines?

my baby is 12 months but she stopped getting her vaccines @6 months... we moved, traveled... missed some well visits..

I wanted to know what people do if their babies skip the vaccines at their "planned" times?

tysm

amother
Daisy

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 1:18 am
Go to the doctor and they’ll work out a catch up schedule with you.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 12:08 pm
amother [ Daisy ] wrote:
Go to the doctor and they’ll work out a catch up schedule with you.

I dont have an interest in vaccinating my health kah baby at this time
im hoping she'll miss "the window" but when shes school aged how will they catch her up?

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 12:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
im hoping she'll miss "the window" but when shes school aged how will they catch her up?

She will most likely have to catch up before going to school, so unless you are planning to homeschool her, you should start by 18-24 months, so that you can at least space them out more.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 12:12 pm
We had that, we fell off schedule with a move. We just caught up slowly over time. Some doctors will make you come in every few months, ours was ok to catch up over a few years.

amother
Crystal

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 12:15 pm
You can push it off but calculate to make sure you have enough time for all the required ones with enough spacing in between before she starts school/daycare. There are some that you need less doses of after a certain age. I don’t remember which ones off hand.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 3:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
There's no "window" that if you miss it your child doesn't get vaccinated. If you choose not to vaccinate then you may not be able to send your child to school but that's on you.

amother
Catmint

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 3:18 pm
Schools don't need all vax. As long as kid recently got all required ones and hasn't passed the required spacing between doses, she'll be accepted to school. But then all year you'll spend at the doctor. Most people prefer to start at 2 or 3 so they can space out more than the minimal spacing required by law.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 5:15 pm
no plans to homeschool and I live in NY so im required to vaccinate
I just dont wish to do it now
when shes going to school and they require them she'll get the minimum she needs to get accepted... im just curious which wants most schools require?

Maryann

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 6:09 pm
Happened to me, my child couldn't take a few dont remember which ones. ...
I live in NY if you interested...we moved here from fl

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 6:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
when shes going to school and they require them she'll get the minimum she needs to get accepted... im just curious which wants most schools require?

FYI some of that is getting completed series, etc or many things that you or your dr may not want done all at once. That's also a lot to hit a child with at once.

I would consider talking to your dr at her next well visit about the best way to spread everything out over the next couple years so all the required series are done. That might be multiple visits every couple months the year before school starts, or catching up at the next few yearly physicals.

happy chick

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 6:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I believe the ones NOT necessary are HEPA and varicella. Possibly also dtap, but not sure. The rest are really important to protect your child (unless you're anti-vaxx). Also, in NY, the flu vaccine is mandated for any child on headtart program.

PS - my Dr recently told me that they're trying to pass a new bill that mandates all 12 yr olds to get the hpv vaccine. It got put on hold cuz of covid but its bound to come up again at some point.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics