Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
What do your 4-6 year olds listen to
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 11:41 am
Right now it's mostly uncle moishy and mendy music. I want to get some story CDs. They don't like rabbi juravel. Is fishel shachter more their age. And what else can I buy that's reasonably cheap. Stories with audio books like middos man get expensive fast.

mha3484

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 11:41 am
Rabbi Kundas boruch series is good for younger kids. We listen on jewishmusic.fm for free

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 11:45 am
My 4 year old loves some of the 613 Torah Avenue parsha songs. They're all available here: https://www.chabad.org/kids/ar.....s.htm

Some are really catchy, some not so much. The one for Vayigash is a particular favorite of my son.

happytobemom

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 11:46 am
Rebbe Alter
Shmuel Kunda- Baruch
Marvelous Middos Machine
613 Torah Ave

Last edited by happytobemom on Wed, Jan 26 2022, 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Ihatepotatoes

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 11:46 am
Jewishmusic.fm is glitchy at times. You could buy Shmuel Kunda's CDs, or listen on Kol Halashon (they're all there)

In addition, there's always the Marvelous Middos Machine, Rebbe Hill, and others. You can browse a judaica store's website for ideas.

amother
Offwhite

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 11:47 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
My 4 year old loves some of the 613 Torah Avenue parsha songs. They're all available here: https://www.chabad.org/kids/ar.....s.htm

Some are really catchy, some not so much. The one for Vayigash is a particular favorite of my son.

It might pay to buy the album, since Chabad only has the songs and not the story.

sky

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 11:47 am
613 Torah ave - the parsha tapes they love!
Kivi and tuki

With purim coming up you can get one of the purim tapes.

amother
Tomato

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 11:49 am
Are you in/near Lakewood? I have info for a kids story cd gemach for all different ages.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 11:59 am
MARVELOUS MIDDOS MACHINE!!!!!

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 11:59 am
My kids that age listen to story tapes all the time..we have the Naki radio so often whatever comes up on scoop kids (it’s also an app you can get on your phone). All fishel schachter’s are great- world of midos, my name is emes/ simcha etc.
kivi and tuki, shmuel kunda (all diff ones- really like when zaidywas young), itzikel, saved by the statue, midos machine, the golden crown..many more I’m sure..this is off the top of my head

Ihatepotatoes

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 12:00 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
My kids that age listen to story tapes all the time..we have the Naki radio so often whatever comes up on scoop kids (it’s also an app you can get on your phone). All fishel schachter’s are great- world of midos, my name is emes/ simcha etc.
kivi and tuki, shmuel kunda (all diff ones- really like when zaidywas young), itzikel, saved by the statue, midos machine, the golden crown..many more I’m sure..this is off the top of my head

The Golden Crown!!??

amother
Ultramarine

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 12:07 pm
amother tomato, can you provide more info? I live in the lakewood area.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 12:08 pm
The Magical Yarmulka
The Purim Story by Kirsch is an all year round favorite for all ages, they just devour it

amother
Whitewash

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 12:10 pm
ra_mom wrote:
The Magical Yarmulka
The Purim Story by Kirsch is an all year round favorite for all ages, they just devour it

Purim USA!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 12:22 pm
ra_mom wrote:
The Magical Yarmulka
I have the purim story. It's all they want to listen to year round and I'd like them to branch out a little lol

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 12:23 pm
Ihatepotatoes wrote:
Jewishmusic.fm is glitchy at times. You could buy Shmuel Kunda's CDs, or listen on Kol Halashon (they're all there)

In addition, there's always the Marvelous Middos Machine, Rebbe Hill, and others. You can browse a judaica store's website for ideas.
I didn't know they were on kol halashon. On the phone? I don't like to stream music for them.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 12:24 pm
amother [ Tomato ] wrote:
Are you in/near Lakewood? I have info for a kids story cd gemach for all different ages.
Im in Lakewood. I heard about a gemach but I worried about the cd getting ruined and then having to replace it. My CD player takes usb so I'm going to copy the new cds onto a stick (my kids unfortunately scratched some great cds and now they can't be played Sad )

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 12:28 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
The kunda site has buy 6 cds get 2 free so which 8 should I get? Yes I'm desperate--I have 2 kids who come home super early and I need them busy until the others get home from school.

amother
Freesia

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 12:43 pm
My parents bought my kids Middosman for chanukah and they have listened to it countless times. It's a book and CD set-it's a cross between middos machine, superman and they love it. It was worth every cent. There's about 7 books and they've also got MiddosMalka now.
613 Torah Avenue. We also bought the first 2 as books. Magic Yarmulke, Kivi and Tuki, they also like the Shhh Loshon Hora CD but I'm not sure if that's its real name.
Have you got a store near you to go into? I went in and asked them what was popular for kids that age and bought a couple of CDs. I always copy them onto the computer before giving it to my kids (learnt that the hard way), so we always have a back-up when they scratch the CD.

Ihatepotatoes

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 12:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I didn't know they were on kol halashon. On the phone? I don't like to stream music for them.

I don't know, I wonder if it would follow the same prompts as the website

Hebrew >>Songs, Tehillim & Tefilos >>מוזיקה וחזנות >>אלבומים לילדים באנגלית >> Shmuel Kunda-English:
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics