Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Rabbi Spitz mesivta
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 12:56 pm
Does anyone know anything about it?
I know it’s newish. My sons rebbi is pushing for it.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 1:01 pm
I heard great things. It’s only first year so not too much history.

Simpler OOT type crowd. Less materialistic.
Amazing experienced 9th grade rebbe (heard really good things from former Talmidim)
Lots of supervision. Boys not running around town. Playing sports during break encouraged.
I think a specific type of note taking is encouraged and taught. High to avg level learning .
Good boys.
Has typical lakewood English.
They are working really hard on trying to put together a solid class.

amother
Dustypink

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 1:31 pm
I don’t know anything about the yeshiva but I do know Rabbi Spitz and his wife personally. They are special people.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 1:32 pm
amother [ Ultramarine ] wrote:
I heard great things. It’s only first year so not too much history.

Simpler OOT type crowd. Less materialistic.
Amazing experienced 9th grade rebbe (heard really good things from former Talmidim)
Lots of supervision. Boys not running around town. Playing sports during break encouraged.
I think a specific type of note taking is encouraged and taught. High to avg level eating.
Good boys.
Has typical lakewood English.
They are working really hard on trying to put together a solid class.

My son is 9 but I like how it sounds!

amother
Topaz

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 3:21 pm
Better than typical Lakewood English . To quote my sons rebbi, for higher level learning with decent English it’s either weinberger or spitz .

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 3:29 pm
Do you know how it compares with treff?
Sorry for asking so many questions- don’t really have ppl to ask.

amother
Topaz

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 3:33 pm
As far as comparing to treff, really don’t know in terms of level of learning . Possibly higher . It’s definitely smaller , and therefore more warm / personal ..

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 3:39 pm
Topaz:

My son's rebbe also mentioned spitz. But I am nervous about it being so new.

I just don't see how it can be compared to Weinbergers. Its only been around for a year. There is absolutely no track record for its english program at all. I mean, they barely have one! It just started!

Do you have any more information from your son's rebbe that kind of backs up this claim?

How do you think these places compare to Brus? Or to Steins?

amother
Ultramarine

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 3:47 pm
amother [ Brickred ] wrote:
Topaz:

My son's rebbe also mentioned spitz. But I am nervous about it being so new.

I just don't see how it can be compared to Weinbergers. Its only been around for a year. There is absolutely no track record for its english program at all. I mean, they barely have one! It just started!

Do you have any more information from your son's rebbe that kind of backs up this claim?

How do you think these places compare to Brus? Or to Steins?

Is rabbi steins English serious? I know it’s optional and not all boys even go.

I think compared to other schools they will take it serious. Doesn’t mean they will learn more. Just it won’t be a joke. (Could be they will learn more, don’t know but I think English being a circus is the worst thing. Better not to have even)

amother
Topaz

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 3:54 pm
It does not compare to weinberger in every way , at all ! It’s obviously less established , and also not as high level in learning . Just in terms of the hanhala officially trying to have a serious English program. I’ve spoken to them and to parents and that’s definitely the case. Most Lkwd mesivtas don’t even try for a serious English program ...

As far as comparing to Brus or Stein , if you mean in terms of level of learning it’s hard to say because as the newer mesivtas are always a mix. But my sons rebbi seems to think it might compare to stein..

amother
Ultramarine

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 3:58 pm
How many hours a day does rabbi weinberger have English?

amother
Topaz

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 4:03 pm
I think Weinberger has 2, spitz 1.5, most 1 or optional or none

amother
Ultramarine

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 4:05 pm
amother [ Topaz ] wrote:
I think Weinberger has 2, spitz 1.5, most 1 or optional or none

Yeah 2 is more then anyone else.

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 4:09 pm
OK! This made me laugh!

I never thought to ask how long the English was. But Weinbergers is not that much longer! Sorry, just a little giggle over how things tend to sound to my (don't always understand Lakewood) ears!

amother
Ultramarine

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 4:11 pm
Also I think Boy who would go to rabbi weinberger would not go to rabbi spitz.
Rabbi weinberger yeshiva is known to be intense and attracts intense serious kids.
I don’t think rabbi sits yeshiva has that intensness.

amother
Topaz

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 4:25 pm
Yes English situation is unfortunately pretty laughable overall .

And 100% weinberger is more intense .

amother
Impatiens

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 5:05 pm
Rabbi Spitzes yeshiva has a specific mehalech in learning- you should speak to your sons rebbi/menahel to see if it’s the right fit for him.
They have a lot of applicants and are very selective. They def take English seriously.

Something about a new school which is different than established is that they are very eager to please and make sure your son is happy. He won’t just be a number.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Feb 01 2022, 4:59 pm
amother [ Ultramarine ] wrote:
Also I think Boy who would go to rabbi weinberger would not go to rabbi spitz.
Rabbi weinberger yeshiva is known to be intense and attracts intense serious kids.
I don’t think rabbi sits yeshiva has that intensness.

I've heard about the intenseness at Rabbi Weinberger's. Can you please clarify for me what that actually means?

Im really trying to understand.

Also, you said that a boy that would go to R' Weinberger would not go to R' Spitz. Can you please help me understand that.

I'm really struggling with this mesivta situation and trying to understand the nuances.
Thank you.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Feb 01 2022, 6:35 pm
amother [ Impatiens ] wrote:
Rabbi Spitzes yeshiva has a specific mehalech in learning- you should speak to your sons rebbi/menahel to see if it’s the right fit for him.
They have a lot of applicants and are very selective. They def take English seriously.

Something about a new school which is different than established is that they are very eager to please and make sure your son is happy. He won’t just be a number.

Would you be able to please elaborate re the specific mehalech in learning?

TIA

amother
DarkCyan

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 11:30 pm
amother Purple wrote:
Would you be able to please elaborate re the specific mehalech in learning?

TIA

Bumping this in case anyone has more info.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries