Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
My baby's cradle cap is out of control, help!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 3:48 pm
So my baby is 11 months bh. He developed cradle cap on his scalp , when he was 2 months old. And since then I've been a slave to this. It's never ending... as soon as I remove it , it comes right back few days later. When he was 3 months , 4 months I kept on removing it before his bath with baby oil and a comb. It's been a nice few months now since I last worked on it. He still has lots of it on his scalp, though now he's older and his hair has grown in so its mostly covered. I want it off so badly. Why is it coming back all the time? Ppl I've spoken to were telling me that by their kids all they did was remove it once as a newborn and it never reappeared. Where am I going wrong?

oakandfig19

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 5:35 pm
My baby also has cradle cap at 10 months and although it’s gotten better it’s definitely not gone. I got a cradle cap brush set from frida baby that helps.

amother
Chestnut

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 5:39 pm
Have you tried cebulex? Really worked for my kids

amother
Magnolia

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 5:42 pm
It’s a kind of yeast. If you’re nursing then remove sugar and dairy and wheat from your diet.

Those foods feed the yeast.

A good probiotic can also help.

I’ve also struggled with it. It’s really no fun. Good luck!

amother
White

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 5:43 pm
I find some shampoos make cradle cap worse. (Like Johnson's even tho says for baby) I found when I used aquaphor baby shampoo it worked. Maybe if have severe case need special cradle cap shampoo..

amother
Honey

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 6:13 pm
amother [ Magnolia ] wrote:
It’s a kind of yeast. If you’re nursing then remove sugar and dairy and wheat from your diet.

Those foods feed the yeast.

A good probiotic can also help.

I’ve also struggled with it. It’s really no fun. Good luck!
It could be yeast, it could be bacterial, it could be inflammatory, similar to eczema.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 6:55 pm
I never tried this, so you could read up on it. This week's "The Voice of Lakewood" magazine: "Head and Shoulders worked like magic. One bath & a good combing and the cradle cap was gone."

mfb

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 7:02 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
I find some shampoos make cradle cap worse. (Like Johnson's even tho says for baby) I found when I used aquaphor baby shampoo it worked. Maybe if have severe case need special cradle cap shampoo..

This totally.
I found from asking friends… that most of their babies that had it bad were using johnsons baby shampoo. If that’s what you’re using please switch and see what happens.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 7:08 pm
please dont use any soap or lotion on your babys skin. especially johnson and johnson, full of toxic chemicals..

if you insist on soap you can try weleda calendela. its a natural brand.

with warm water, coconut oil and a comb brush through your babys scalp
do it a few times

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 7:19 pm
I use regular shampoo and not baby shampoo and it never comes back bh

amother
IndianRed

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 7:23 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:

I Had this w my first few children. I saw a difference once I stopped using Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo. The head to toe wasn’t a problem.

amother
Caramel

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 7:49 pm
Yes I know what you mean. All the baby books say by a few months it will be gone. For my son I tried all the tricks like the baby oil and special brushes and it would keep coming back! He still had it once he started preschool. It was gross. We ended up using clinical strength head and shoulders and as long as we used it around twice a week that kept things under control (but if we stopped for a while it would come back). Maybe talk to your pediatrician and find out if they are old enough for such a strong shampoo or if there is a different dandruff shampoo they would recommend. Or worst case is he still has it by the time he’s old enough I recommend you give it a try. (Though hopefully you will have it under control by then).

pinkpeonies

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 8:02 pm
Mustela
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics