Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Most cost effective Sheva Brochos in New York?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 5:28 pm
Hi

I need to make sheva brochos in Brooklyn or 5 towns and I'm looking for recommendations for the most cost effective (read: cheapest) way to do this for about 20-30 people.

I'm not from New York so I'm not familiar with any places so would appreciate any help please.

I'm not staying somewhere that I could use the space or facilities.

If I was at home I'd make in my house and self cater but thats not possible here. I'd need to order ready cooked food.

I can't afford to hire out a restaurant or pizza shop etc.

Doesn't have to be fancy. Can't be outdoors due to weather/cold temperatures.

Appreciate any input and help you can give, thanks!!

amother
Nemesia

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 5:44 pm
How nice do you want the place to be?

Mottis pizza in bp, has a party room upstairs-very well priced- remember it’s a pizza store

Olympic pita in Flatbush also has a small party room

Thinking out of the box: order at a bagel shop or Freund’s takeout or any takeout. Find an indoor public space with tables and chairs and set up a pop up party. Maybe you should call in advance.

Lincoln center in Manhattan has a public lounge with tables.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 5:53 pm
Ask someone local if their shul would agree to give the space.
Call a place like Mendelsohn's and ask if it's possible to reserve 3 tables toward the back and you'll order food from the display for 25 people when they get there.

Last edited by ra_mom on Wed, Jan 26 2022, 5:32 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
DarkOrange

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 5:55 pm
What's your budget? I find China Glatt to be quite reasonably priced. I think we paid $1250 for 15 couples.

Angel

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 6:02 pm
Kaff Kaffe renovated and heard they have very budget friendly options.

amother
Lightpink

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 6:56 pm
I think renting a shul party space & ordering pans of ready food is cost effective. Other than that, just need to buy paper goods, drinks, dessert locally. (Unless place you buy food from has this too. Also make sure they provide srernos). Wherever you order food from should be able to get you a waiter or 2 if you’d like, and they’re not too expensive.

amother
Charcoal

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 7:14 pm
Dairy: Palace cafe on Nostrand

https://www.armonhall.com/

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 10:21 am
Thanks so much for all your suggestions, I'll look into them!

Doesn't have to be fancy or posh can be chilled pizza type, its only really for family.

Also happy for it to be out of the box too!

Happy to do bagels and cheese / dips too but just don't have a venue for that.

Thanks!

Fave

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 10:28 am
I think might be cheaper to do in pizza place than renting a shul and paying for papergoods, stereos and takeout food. Also in shul you’ll need to clean up after.

amother
Freesia

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 10:47 am
I made my sister a Sheva brochos in a shul and used leftovers from the wedding shmorg. No one knew the difference and it was great

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 10:49 am
You can also call Amnon pizza. They have a simple party room upstairs that they book if you agree to order a nominal amount of food from the downstairs counter during your event.

I don't know how much the Ice Cream Center charges but they also have a small but rundown party room upstairs and they have food options on the menu not just ice cream.

pinkchandelier

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 4:09 pm
There are a few restaurants in the Five Towns that can make sheva brachos. Either in a different part of their dining room or back area.
Can try Traditions, Graze, Coffee bar. Check out their menus and prices to see what works for you.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 4:22 pm
Thanks so much for the suggestions, so far no ones answered the phones, will try again tomorrow I guess, thanks!

Ra_mom you reminded me, I remember Amnons pizza from my first ever trip to USA many years ago when I was a teen and it was my first trip to an American Pizza store Smile

amother
Chestnut

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 4:26 pm
amother [ Lightpink ] wrote:
I think renting a shul party space & ordering pans of ready food is cost effective. Other than that, just need to buy paper goods, drinks, dessert locally. (Unless place you buy food from has this too. Also make sure they provide srernos). Wherever you order food from should be able to get you a waiter or 2 if you’d like, and they’re not too expensive.

Most shuls cost $700 to rent, plus various charges like cleaning fees, possibly mashgiach fees...

amother
Crocus

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 4:44 pm
Pupa hall on 51 Street between 12 and 13 is newly renovated, very good food and very well priced. I think they charge like 25 per couple. Worth calling and checking. I attended a sheva brochos there recently and it was beautiful
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries