Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Peloton - How long are you committed for?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 5:57 am
I'm thinking about buying one, but don't want it to turn into a clothing rack.

I'd love to hear from people who have been working out religiously on it.

Della

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 7:37 am
We bought the peloton during the pandemic as many people did. I love it. I’m currently on a 51 week streak. I average four times a week. And no I’m not young:)

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 7:48 am
Della wrote:
We bought the peloton during the pandemic as many people did. I love it. I’m currently on a 51 week streak. I average four times a week. And no I’m not young:)

Is there a way to view only male instructors? If my husband wants to do that? (Obviously you can choose which instructor but is there a way to avoid scrolling through pics of female instructors?)

Della

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 7:52 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Is there a way to view only male instructors? If my husband wants to do that? (Obviously you can choose which instructor but is there a way to avoid scrolling through pics of female instructors?)

When you open it up you can immediately select an instructor. So choose one of the many male instructors and then view their classes only. I don’t know of any filter to eliminate female instructors.

My husband has one or two male instructors that he only uses and so he immediately taps on those and does not have to see any female instructors.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 7:58 am
Della wrote:
When you open it up you can immediately select an instructor. So choose one of the many male instructors and then view their classes only. I don’t know of any filter to eliminate female instructors.

My husband has one or two male instructors that he only uses and so he immediately taps on those and does not have to see any female instructors.

Is there a picture of the instructor when you are selecting one?

Della

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 8:01 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Is there a picture of the instructor when you are selecting one?

Yes. I’m not in front of my Peloton right now if you want I can open it up later and take a look but I believe it is a headshot only.

What we did before we purchased one was to try one out at someone’s house. If you are concerned that your husband may see a picture of a female instructor there is no guarantee that a picture won’t pop up. It could be when you open the screen up in the morning there is some type of advertisement or what not so I would not say there is 100% guarantee that you will not see a picture of a female instructor even if you immediately close it it may happen.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 8:05 am
Della wrote:
Yes. I’m not in front of my Peloton right now if you want I can open it up later and take a look but I believe it is a headshot only.

What we did before we purchased one was to try one out at someone’s house. If you are concerned that your husband may see a picture of a female instructor there is no guarantee that a picture won’t pop up. It could be when you open the screen up in the morning there is some type of advertisement or what not so I would not say there is 100% guarantee that you will not see a picture of a female instructor even if you immediately close it it may happen.

I’m not concerned but he prefers to avoid it if he can.

Thank you for your helpful responses. I appreciate it

essie14

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 8:24 am
Della wrote:

כל הכבוד!

amother
Gardenia

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 8:42 am
I have the Nordic Track, with the Ifit app so it's the same idea as the Peleton. I got the Nordic Track because I needed one that would fold up. It's really amazing! I've had a regular treadmill in the past that I gave away because I rarely used it but this one I use 3-7 times a week - I only have it for a few months. It's crazy how motivating a person on a screen in front of you could be.

amother
Sunflower

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 9:14 am
I got the schwinn ic4 3 years ago and use it with the Peloton app a few times a week. I also do the strength classes on the peloton app. If you are looking to save money I recommend looking into a cheaper bike and using the app because the app is only 12.99 a month. And then if peloton goes bankrupt your not stuck with their bike.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise