Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Gemachs
Looking for a moving boxes/bins gemach

funkygirl

Post Mon, Jul 04 2016, 11:00 am
Iy"h I have to move very soon. I'm in need of boxes and bins for moving. If any of you have numbers to gemachs for this it would be very helpful. I'm located in Brooklyn

cm

Post Mon, Jul 04 2016, 11:20 am
Try a liquor store, and/or friends who work in places with frequent delivery of supplies.

esther09

Post Mon, Jul 04 2016, 11:30 am
Try your local kosher supermarket, a liquor store, your workplace.... We got 90% of our boxes for free just from scrounging around. Also, if you have suitcases, pack into all of them.

I don't know your financial situation but boxes from Home Depot/Loews are not that expensive... a medium box is 1.23/box. That does add up but it's a fair supplement after scrounging.

goforit

Post Mon, Jul 04 2016, 12:35 pm
funkygirl wrote:
Iy"h I have to move very soon. I'm in need of boxes and bins for moving. If any of you have numbers to gemachs for this it would be very helpful. I'm located in Brooklyn

Box gemach

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 4:54 pm
Hi does anyone have a recent list for box gemachs in bk area?

hodeez

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 10:30 am
Bump, not getting anywhere with the numbers listed on previous threads

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 11:36 am
Bump!

Amarante

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 11:38 am
Have you tried Craigslist because sometimes when people move they have loads of boxes left over. Your moving company will supply the big wardrobe boxes which makes hanging clothes so easy to pack and unpack because you just use the hangers.

In my experience it is very hard to move with grocery store boxes because they simply aren’t meant to transport household items.

There are box stores and you can price them. In my experience you need more boxes than you think you need but real moving boxes are great because they are specialized so you get ones for dishes specifically

hodeez

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 12:25 pm
Amarante great idea! I found a few cheap options on craigslist

happytobemom

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 12:42 pm
Some sefarim stores save their boxes and will give to people who need. Perfect boxes for your own sefarim and books (not too big).

abmom2

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 5:24 pm
Call shoprite towards the end of the day and ask them if you could pick up some boxes. They will give you various sizes
You pick them up early morning after they restock the shelves, probably around 6 am
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics