Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Child had a procedurewhat do I tell babysitter?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 4:40 pm
My baby had a procedure I didn't say anything yet I just sad hes not coming today bec he's having a procedure but I didn't say what kind. It's in the genital area do I say something? She will see bandages.
Also I was told to put bacitracin 4 times a day on the aiver what do I tell her to do? Or do I just give him 3 times a day ( morning afternoon and night) instead of 4?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 4:42 pm
I know I should probably say something I'm just so uncomfortable

English3

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 4:44 pm
It is very common for babies to have procedures as not all babies are born with everything in the right place. If she is experienced she will be used to it. Just tell her he had a procedure and the necessary information she needs to know for his care. No need to say what it was.

amother
Zinnia

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 4:44 pm
She's going to see, so you might as well tell her.

And imo, ask her if she feels comfortable putting on cream.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 4:45 pm
you can say it was in the diaper area

Amarante

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 4:52 pm
There really is nothing to be ashamed of - as others have posted infants and children and even adults have "procedures" all the time. There is nothing to be embarrassed about.

Of course you should tell your babysitter there was an operation and any relevant information. How would she handle diaper changes? Wouldn't she need to know information regarding wound care?

Ideally you shouldn't mess around with wound care and I would ask the babysitter to apply the Bacitrin? I am not sure why that would be more problematic than applying any kind of lotion when one does a diaper change. Anyone who cares for a baby is used to dealing with that area of the body.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 5:01 pm
This seems odd. What’s the source of your discomfort?

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 5:16 pm
If I were your babysitter, I would be really unhappy if you left me with a baby who needed any kind of extra medical attention, and you didn't tell me.

There is nothing you can say that will embarrass either me or you. All I care about is your baby's health.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 5:17 pm
What the difference between putting on diaper rash cream and this? Trust me. She's used diaper rash cream before.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics