Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Recommend a Pony wig

SuperWify

Post Fri, Jan 28 2022, 2:28 am
Everyone is wearing beanies and falls still but I look terrible in that style.

I’m looking for a front lace lightweight pony wig. I’ve looked around for 2 years already unsuccessfully…

Please recommend the brand you where happy with. I wear a good expensive wig every day and I’m afraid I’m destroying it.

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 9:17 pm
I got a fun human hair fall that I wear in a pony for the summertime. about $60 on ebay.

amother
Mauve

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 9:33 pm
Wunderwig edge

amother
Stonewash

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 9:36 pm
I recently got an Irene dolce. It’s cheap since it’s an old style, but looks very good in a pony (layered)

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 10:19 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Wunderwig edge

I second this!!! I love mine and everyone I know who has one is super happy with it.

Frumwithallergies

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 10:46 pm
I third (if that is a thing) the wunderwig edge.

newinbp

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 10:48 pm
I made an appointment and tried on the wonder wig edge and didn't find it comfortable at all. I tried on the Milano pony wig and was much happier and bought that. Also, my sheitel macher ended up telling me later that almost any wig cap can have a bottom comb sewn into it, which holds the wig in place when making a pony. So that opens up more possibilities of making other wigs pony wigs. Obviously I understand that the wonder wig is sewn in a special way, etc., I'm only passing on info I was told. Hatzlacha!

SuperWify

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 1:49 am
chocolate moose wrote:
I got a fun human hair fall that I wear in a pony for the summertime. about $60 on ebay.

Can you link the seller?

SuperWify

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 1:50 am
newinbp wrote:
I made an appointment and tried on the wonder wig edge and didn't find it comfortable at all. I tried on the Milano pony wig and was much happier and bought that. Also, my sheitel macher ended up telling me later that almost any wig cap can have a bottom comb sewn into it, which holds the wig in place when making a pony. So that opens up more possibilities of making other wigs pony wigs. Obviously I understand that the wonder wig is sewn in a special way, etc., I'm only passing on info I was told. Hatzlacha!

Funny. I don’t either find it comfortable. Maybe I’ll try the Milano. Thanks.

Frumwithallergies

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 10:43 am
SuperWify wrote:
Funny. I don’t either find it comfortable. Maybe I’ll try the Milano. Thanks.

Maybe it was a knock off?
Everyone I know who has bought a wunderwig edge was happy What

amother
Marigold

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 11:44 am
following. does anyone have any experience with the gali pony wig?

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 8:37 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Can you link the seller?

I don'tknow how to do that but if you message me your email addres I can send it to you

farm

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 11:31 pm
Wunderwig edge

farm

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 12:06 am
newinbp wrote:

A ‘real’ pony wig has the hair sewn in a completely different way. Either upside down in the back so that it lays flat when you flip it up into the pony, or in a circular pattern (Wunderwig’s patented idea). You can put a clip at the bottom of any sheitel but the pony will be bulky and awkward if it wasn’t sewn with that intent. I guess it could work if you are talking about gathering the hair at the nape of the neck w a scruntchie. My Wunderwig looks normal/cute/natural with a high swingy pony or a messy bun. I love that look- seems so normal in the workplace rather than the overly formal style of a typical sheitel, which is way too dressy for work in the non frum world.

amother
Yarrow

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 1:42 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
I don'tknow how to do that but if you message me your email addres I can send it to you

Just copy and paste the link here. I also want the link Smile

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 8:23 pm
I don't have imamother on the computer that I use for ebay,

but here goes:

Seller is uniceofficial

I bought the shortest one to wear with a headband and the longest one to wear in a ponytail.

Item is called "Malaysian short bob ombre blonde straight headband human hair wigs non lace wig"

newinbp

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 8:43 pm
Frumwithallergies wrote:
Maybe it was a knock off?
Everyone I know who has bought a wunderwig edge was happy What

The one I tried on was definitely not a knock off, I went through the wonderwig website to their sellers listed in Brooklyn and made an appt (and paid for that appt!) to try it on. I was disappointed that I didn't find it comfortable but it wasn't :/

newinbp

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 8:45 pm
farm wrote:
A ‘real’ pony wig has the hair sewn in a completely different way. Either upside down in the back so that it lays flat when you flip it up into the pony, or in a circular pattern (Wunderwig’s patented idea). You can put a clip at the bottom of any sheitel but the pony will be bulky and awkward if it wasn’t sewn with that intent. I guess it could work if you are talking about gathering the hair at the nape of the neck w a scruntchie. My Wunderwig looks normal/cute/natural with a high swingy pony or a messy bun. I love that look- seems so normal in the workplace rather than the overly formal style of a typical sheitel, which is way too dressy for work in the non frum world.

100%. I love that look and flexibility of hair styles too. I find the Milano pony wig can do that. But it does seem the wonderwig is unique in it's design. And yes I'm sure a bottom sewn in clip would do just what you say, just add some stability to a low pony in an otherwise regular wig. Just passing on info from my sheitel macher. Enjoy your wig!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels