Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Going to Florida for widwinter is becoming more and more
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Jean

Post Fri, Jan 28 2022, 8:43 am
amother [ Vanilla ] wrote:
Lol no
They probably don’t go to the beach! They have jobs and daily life there. But tourists do go for the beach!

So don't go to the beach during the day if you have boys over a certain age. That doesn't make the entire thing a "non-kosher vacation."

amother
Wallflower

Post Fri, Jan 28 2022, 9:00 am
I’d rather go to Israel!

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Jan 28 2022, 9:06 am
amother [ Cornsilk ] wrote:
And a 4th type- the type of person that I am who does the opposite of what everybody else is doing.

I go to Florida, but only off season. I refuse to go in January when everybody is there.

TOTALLY THIS. I would never go yeshiva week ugh.

Just all levels of NO. And my kids love the vacations we take or time we spend together. It's just not where "everyone else" is going/doing. Because we are very bdavka not "what everyone does" people.

And here's the thing: my kids are cool, confident, with-it kids with tons of friends. We just don't follow the crowd. I thinks kids really reflect the parent vibes.

amother
Banana

Post Fri, Jan 28 2022, 4:21 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Happens to be its supposed to be super cold there this weekend. And yes many people go for many reasons. Its easy. Lots of kosher food and when the weather is nice you have the beach and pool. I go yearly during winter break to bring my children to visit their great grandparents. But everyone should stop looking what everyone else is doing and do whats best for them and their family

How’s the beach a “rebbe” thing to do?

amother
Tuberose

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 10:39 pm
Sewsew_mom wrote:
How do u get spirit sir tickets for 50$ a person round trip every time? Just by buying in the airport? What if the flight is $350.. Still they say sure np. That will be 50 bux ma'am?

We went twice
When yiu get tickets at the airport you save approx $15-20 per leg. We bought early. Check online for ticket prices- if they are cheap, I know they will be $20 cheaper at the airport, so we make a trip to the airport to purchase tickets . This is something with spirit and it’s pricing . you can google why it is so

shaqued_almond

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 10:47 pm
As a Floridian I can tell you that there's plenty of things to do and see that are not the beach. I live half an hour from the beach and I rarely go. Fyi there's schools that rented out water parks in the past so there's gender separated days. And in the winter the beach is practically empty.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics