Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
PA school admissions question - courses at LAS vs NYSCAS

Tech_mom

Post Fri, Jan 28 2022, 8:40 am
My daughter has gotten A+ in all her prereq courses at LAS except for a Chem class which she got a "B" in. She now has to take the same professor again (there isn't another professor) this semester and feels that she might do better elsewhere. She has the option of taking the class in another Touro branch called NYSCAS. Do you know if it reflects badly on her PA school application if she takes the course at NYSCAS instead of LAS?

Is it better to work with a likely grade of B with this known professor than switching to the other college branch and likely getting a better grade?

HakolTov

Post Fri, Jan 28 2022, 9:05 am
Just curious, is this chem 1 or chem 2? Inorganic or organic Chem?

Did she also take biochem?

devorah1231

Post Fri, Jan 28 2022, 9:18 am
I went to scas for a course and despite it being in Brooklyn I felt like I was in Harlem. I was the only female, only American, only one with a brain. Maybe it was just my class but wouldn't want to go there.

dak11

Post Fri, Jan 28 2022, 9:40 am
It's been quite a while since I was in Touro, but I seem to recall that people went to SCAS for the harder courses like chem because they were easier there. I don't see why it would make a difference. It's the same course in the same college.

dak11

Post Fri, Jan 28 2022, 9:46 am
devorah1231 wrote:
I went to scas for a course and despite it being in Brooklyn I felt like I was in Harlem. I was the only female, only American, only one with a brain. Maybe it was just my class but wouldn't want to go there.

Why would you assume that you were the only one with a brain? I'd consider revising this post.

devorah1231

Post Fri, Jan 28 2022, 9:50 am
dak11 wrote:
Why would you assume that you were the only one with a brain? I'd consider revising this post.

I wouldn't. The teacher told a story telling my classmates they were idiots to their faces and it went over their heads.

devorah1231

Post Fri, Jan 28 2022, 9:51 am
dak11 wrote:

You know what? You're right. Maybe their English just wasn't strong enough.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics