Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
How to get baby evaluated for EI for feeding therapy

Anon555

Post Fri, Jan 28 2022, 9:33 am
My baby refuses her bottle and is gaining weight very slowly. I’d like to get her feeding therapy covered by insurance. Does anyone know how or where to get her evaluated for this? I’m located in brooklyn, willing to travel.

bnm

Post Fri, Jan 28 2022, 9:47 am
Check your insurance's website for a list of providers. Call them all. Usually the ones that do feeding therapy are attached to a hospital. Once you find one they will give you an appointment for an evaluation then submit it to insurance. You will probably need a referral or prescription from the pediatrician.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Jan 28 2022, 11:14 am
Did you try different nipples? My son was very picky and only took the really weird shaped ones.

Also, are you looking for EI from the city? If yes, ask your doctor for an agency and give them a call. They will guide you.

We did this for my son starting at 10 or 11 months. They will do a full eval, not necessarily only feeding (which is usually done by a speech therapist) and it does take time.

happy chick

Post Fri, Jan 28 2022, 11:16 am
Yeled v'yalda or step-by-step. There's really not much diff between any agency, it all buckles down to getting a good therapist.

bnm

Post Fri, Jan 28 2022, 12:17 pm
OP your post and the title are asking for 2 different things. If you are in NY Ei covers feeding therapy if its a developmental problem and the kid is delayed in other areas and its hard to qualify. Insurance will pay if its a medical need. Ei call your local agency, Insurance check with your insurance. I would tell you to try both routes at the same time and see where you can get in.

SYA

Post Fri, Jan 28 2022, 1:10 pm
Eis Laasos is great. Try them for an evaluation and if approved by the city it’ll cover the therapy.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 7:51 am
Anon555 wrote:
My baby refuses her bottle and is gaining weight very slowly. I’d like to get her feeding therapy covered by insurance. Does anyone know how or where to get her evaluated for this? I’m located in brooklyn, willing to travel.

Rusk feeding program is fantastic
Lmk if you need number
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries