Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Wanted: 4 of your easiest suppers
Previous  1  2

smss

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 11:46 pm
1) Sloppy Joes: 1 lb ground beef to a can of Manwich. Serve with pasta and cut up veggies.

2) Chicken and potatoes in the oven. Mix potatoes and onions with oil and seasonings, put in pan, top with chicken and more oil and seasonings. Cover and bake at 250 for 6-8 hours. Serve with salad or add baby carrots to the pan with the potatoes.

3) Frozen falafel balls or roasted chickpeas- stuff in pitas with chumus, techina, pickles, Israeli salad. Serve with frozen French fries.

4) no boil baked ziti https://betweencarpools.com/th.....-pot/ Serve with cut up veg.

allthingsblue

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 11:50 pm
Roasted Chicken legs (Marble Spoon has a great spice mix with paprika garlic powder turmeric brown sugar cayenne pepper and salt, with olive oil)

Use same spices on mini cauliflower florets

450 for 45 minutes or so

Duck sauce chicken, frozen green beans with salt and pepper

bernadette

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 11:50 pm
Is your family I to sandwiches?
Take any chiklen cutlet recipe you like, buy baguettes, cut up tomatoes/avocados/pickles etc, add some mayo or dressing.
It's my favorite easy super even when I'm not 9 months pregnant

Sparkle

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 5:03 pm
1. Milchig burritos: Buy wraps, make rice, open a can of black beans, and put out chopped lettuce, avocado, shredded cheese, salsa, corn, and sour cream.
2. Fleishig tacos: Sauté chopped meat with taco seasoning. Make rice. Open a can of corn. Serve with avocado, chopped lettuce, and salsa.
3. Sushi bowls: Make a pot of sushi rice. Put out lox or tuna fish for protein. Also serve with avocado, slivered carrots, chopped cucumbers, soy sauce, spicy mayo (if that's liked in your house). I also cut up a couple sheets of nori to toss in the bowls.
4. Minestrone soup: (I serve this as a meal on Thursday night. It's very filling). Sauté an onion in olive oil. Once translucent, add chopped carrots, celery, and sweet potato (or any other soup type vegetables that your family likes). Cook for 5-10 minutes while stirring a few times. Add a box of vegetable broth, then refill the empty box with water and add that too (so liquid is equivalent of 2 boxes of broth). Bring to a boil. Then open a can of cannellini beans, rinse in a strainer, and add. Add 1/2-3/4 cup of barley. Lower to a simmer and let it cook for an hour or so.
Add salt, and some of those frozen cubes of garlic, parsley, and basil.
Delicious.

mamaleh

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 6:30 pm
Baked ziti:
9x13. 1 lb (uncooked) pasta -shells, rotini, ziti (elbows don’t do so well, but just about any other shape has worked)
1 jar marinara
Fill the jar with milk or water and add that
2/3 bag shredded cheese
Mix well (gloves work really well-a spoon gets messy)
Sprinkle with rest of cheese
Cover tightly & bake at 350 for 1hr-1hr15min. Let stand for 15 min. Enjoy!

You can also add cottage cheese (drier ones or add less liquid) and/or veggies (whatever you like) for added nutrition.

noosheen

Post Mon, Jan 01 2024, 8:12 pm
ra_mom wrote:
1 cup rice, 2 cups water, 1 tsp salt in 9x13 pan. 4 chicken legs seasoned all over (under skin and also bottom of chicken pieces) with onion, garlic and salt. Place chicken on top of rice in pan and sprinkle with paprika. Bake covered at 350 for 2 1/2 hours.

Pour a bag of frozen vegetables into a microwave safe dish. Cover and microwave for about 8 minutes. Season with salt and serve as a side.

Slice 5 Yukon gold potatoes and season with oil, paprika, onion, garlic, black pepper & 2 teaspoons salt. Lay minute steaks on top. Smear with some oil and season with 1 teaspoon each salt, garlic and paprika. Cover and bake at 275 for 6 hours.

Buy the Dagim bag of frozen breaded tilapia. Lay on a cookie sheet and dust with garlic powder and salt. Spray with oil spray and bake at 475 until done, about 13 minutes.

Lay a bag of frozen French fries on a cookie sheet on the other shelf and bake at the same time until crispy.

Bumping this thread.
Have a question for the minute steak / potato supper in this post. Does the meat get soft ? Dried out at all?
Can I freeze it ? Not raw, but cooked ?
Thx!

dorothy1

Post Mon, Jan 01 2024, 8:19 pm
Easiest delicious dinner:
Croc pot salsa chicken
Chicken cutlets, taco seasoning and salsa in the crockpot
That’s it!
Can serve over a taco with veggies , in a salad , whatever you want.

I also love making chili. Recipe is basically
Three cans of beans (kidney and black), tomato sauce, diced tomatoes , ground beef browned , a diced red pepper, and seasonings - in croc pot

BrooklynBee

Post Mon, Jan 01 2024, 8:34 pm
I love most of BCP's 9x13 life recipes.
Esty Wolbe's Spaghetti and Cheatballs (on kosher.com) is super easy- I don't even shape the meatballs- spaghetti, chopped meat, sauce, maybe spices, and water in the oven for a while- so easy!!

noosheen

Post Mon, Jan 01 2024, 8:58 pm
I already prepared the minute steaks & potaoes.
Wanted some clarification for the questions I asked if anyone can tell me- for those of you who made these in the past
thx !

writeread

Post Mon, Jan 01 2024, 10:09 pm
If you live "in-town", many supermarkets sell preseasoned raw chicken for only a bit more than plain raw chicken.

Your oven's broiler is your best friend. Broil the preseasoned chicken in a tin foil pan. Add a bag or two of microwavable rice and voila!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jan 01 2024, 10:10 pm
noosheen wrote:
Bumping this thread.
Have a question for the minute steak / potato supper in this post. Does the meat get soft ? Dried out at all?
Can I freeze it ? Not raw, but cooked ?
Thx!

Very soft. I wouldn't freeze cooked potatoes.

noosheen

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 6:22 am
ra_mom wrote:
Very soft. I wouldn't freeze cooked potatoes.

Thank you !
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus