Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood High School (new thread)
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 7:16 pm
Just wanted to write this about Shiras Devorah

My DD is in Bnos Basya the transpiration that she has is the Shiras Devorah bus.

She did not want to go own I did not want to drive her to and from school every day. When the Shiras Devorah girls heard they came to my house and practically shleped her on the bus
In the afternoon when she came to go home the bus driver started to give my DD a hard time about going on the bus. The girls did not take this well and insisted that my DD be allowed on the bus.
When my DD was sitting Shiva they came to be Mencham Av and brought her a nice present.

I can't tell you what they teach or their policy, but I can tell you that some of the nicest girls go to Shras Devorah

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 10:24 pm
anyone know when most interviews are scheduled ? looking to go away shabbos of Feb 11 wondering if that's an issue

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 6:59 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
anyone know when most interviews are scheduled ? looking to go away shabbos of Feb 11 wondering if that's an issue

Usually it's not one day that there are interviews, so if one day doesn't work, you take the next one.

I remember when BK was doing interviews for my oldest, my niece had her Bas Mitzva party that Sunday in NY....was no problem, they gave us a time one morning before school, which worked out great - took DD to her interview, then dropped her off at school and went to work.

The schools are usually pretty accommodating about the interviews....

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 8:57 am
Chayalle wrote:
Usually it's not one day that there are interviews, so if one day doesn't work, you take the next one.

I remember when BK was doing interviews for my oldest, my niece had her Bas Mitzva party that Sunday in NY....was no problem, they gave us a time one morning before school, which worked out great - took DD to her interview, then dropped her off at school and went to work.

The schools are usually pretty accommodating about the interviews....

ok thank u. we may go out of town so she would be away from Friday to Monday . I remember the boys ifs like one weekend of interviews and that's it. I guess with the girls it's different.

how long did each interview take for u, as a mother? if I have to do 4...

keym

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 9:00 am
ok thank u. we may go out of town so she would be away from Friday to Monday . I remember the boys ifs like one weekend of interviews and that's it. I guess with the girls it's different.

I did 4 interviews. Each one took between 15 minutes and 2 hours, depending on the buildup and wait time.
But these 4 interviews happened over 2 weeks. And you don't expect to get or give answers until Shavuos.
Nothing like Mesivtas.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 9:02 am

The interview itself is short, but they can be running late....my DD had her interview last week (sibling). She was in there for like maybe 20 minutes (including wait time.)

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 9:13 am
keym wrote:
I did 4 interviews. Each one took between 15 minutes and 2 hours, depending on the buildup and wait time.
But these 4 interviews happened over 2 weeks. And you don't expect to get or give answers until Shavuos.
Nothing like Mesivtas.

wow 2 hours

keym

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 9:26 am
wow 2 hours

I showed up to 1 interview, and they were backed up.
The process in that school was that the daughter went in to a teacher alone, then went into the principal alone, then I was called in to join her with the principal.
There were 3 teachers but only 1 principal. So there ended up a bit bottle-necked.
It was kind of fun, though.
Many high schools group their interviews. Bais Faiga interviews, then Bais Tova, then Bnos Devorah, etc. Just practical
So many of the girls there were girls from my daughter's class or parallel classes that she knew from math class or Chagiga or choir.
They were able to shmooze and support each other and I was able to talk to her friends mothers.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 9:44 am
keym wrote:
It was kind of fun, though.
Many high schools group their interviews. Bais Faiga interviews, then Bais Tova, then Bnos Devorah, etc. Just practical
So many of the girls there were girls from my daughter's class or parallel classes that she knew from math class or Chagiga or choir.
They were able to shmooze and support each other and I was able to talk to her friends mothers.

My DD had her high school interview. She came out all happy, having met other girls, both from her school and others that she knows from around town, camps, etc..., who are likely going. It was nice to get a preview (it was a sibling interview, so different schools all at once.)

We had a Simcha in the family recently, and I have two nieces who are 8th graders. The three of them (DD and my nieces) were making grand plans for entrance exam day. It's a riot, they are so excited about it. One niece doesn't even have to take it (she's in a school that feeds to high school) but wants to for the experience! And to see her cousins and friends of course! What fun!

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Feb 01 2022, 7:29 am
anyone know the name of the new bais faiga hs and whether they r for sure taking applications from outsiders of bais faiga

Chayalle

Post Tue, Feb 01 2022, 3:14 pm
anyone know the name of the new bais faiga hs and whether they r for sure taking applications from outsiders of bais faiga

So far I'm just hearing them called Bais Faiga High School (it's on letters that way.) And after the entrance exam this Sunday, they will be accepting outsider applications.

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Feb 01 2022, 5:52 pm
Chayalle wrote:
So far I'm just hearing them called Bais Faiga High School (it's on letters that way.) And after the entrance exam this Sunday, they will be accepting outsider applications.

But are they taking outside kids not just the applications, That is the real question

Chayalle

Post Tue, Feb 01 2022, 6:01 pm
amother [ Oldlace ] wrote:
But are they taking outside kids not just the applications, That is the real question

That remains to be seen, though I heard directly from Mrs. Epstein that they plan to. Who that will be is a question though....

sweet

Post Tue, Feb 01 2022, 6:21 pm
I saw on the letter that was sent out, a new high school.
Anyone know anything about it?

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Feb 01 2022, 6:29 pm
sweet wrote:
I saw on the letter that was sent out, a new high school.
Anyone know anything about it?

On page 21 in the Homida from shobbos there was an ad they said it's the new Heimish Bais Yaakov.

That could be the Tiferis Chaya\ Bnos Haddasah high school.

amother
Daisy

Post Tue, Feb 01 2022, 6:31 pm
amother [ Oldlace ] wrote:
On page 21 in the Homida from shobbos there was an ad they said it's the new Heimish Bais Yaakov.

That could be the Tiferis Chaya\ Bnos Haddasah high school.
What was it called?

ETA never mind I found it
https://hamodia.com/digital-ed.....2022/

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Feb 01 2022, 6:34 pm
amother [ Daisy ] wrote:
What was it called?

I throw out my Homida, maybe one of your neighbors still have it.

Fabulous

Post Tue, Feb 01 2022, 7:55 pm
amother [ Daisy ] wrote:
What was it called?

ETA never mind I found it
https://hamodia.com/digital-ed.....2022/

I don't know anything about the school but I just saw who is running it and she is a DOLL!!! She's sweet and refined and kind and just a lovely, lovely neshama! I can only imagine the type of school she will run. My only concern would be maybe she is too nice to be in charge type.

amother
Obsidian

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 5:04 pm
Just to clarify, my daughter is jn 9 grade so just lived through the process. Everyone is supposed to take the general entrance exam in Sunday, I think it’s about 9 am this year for the first shift a-k. You will receive applications for all Lakewood high schools there. The only schools not included are ateres Nechama and the more Chassidish such as Satmar and belz.

There is a letter that verrry clearly explains what the application requirements are. And which schools are not a realistic option, and not part of your count of 4 applications.
That being said. Please discuss with your daughters principal and Mechaneches the logistics and feasibility of getting into specific schools. they have a tremendous Amount of knowledge about what will work for your daughter and the school she’s coming from.

Interviews are usually 5-15 mins long. The wait times can vary. Since I was a new applicant from a new school we didn’t hear from any high schools for at least a month or two. It was spread over two months for sure. Wasn’t a big deal at all. They interview all the applicants from an elementary at one time. And then the pushing starts.

Answers didn’t go out till after shavuos.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 5:21 pm
amother [ Obsidian ] wrote:
Just to clarify, my daughter is jn 9 grade so just lived through the process. Everyone is supposed to take the general entrance exam in Sunday, I think it’s about 9 am this year for the first shift a-k. You will receive applications for all Lakewood high schools there. The only schools not included are ateres Nechama and the more Chassidish such as Satmar and belz.

There is a letter that verrry clearly explains what the application requirements are. And which schools are not a realistic option, and not part of your count of 4 applications.
That being said. Please discuss with your daughters principal and Mechaneches the logistics and feasibility of getting into specific schools. they have a tremendous Amount of knowledge about what will work for your daughter and the school she’s coming from.

Interviews are usually 5-15 mins long. The wait times can vary. Since I was a new applicant from a new school we didn’t hear from any high schools for at least a month or two. It was spread over two months for sure. Wasn’t a big deal at all. They interview all the applicants from an elementary at one time. And then the pushing starts.

Answers didn’t go out till after shavuos.

wow u didn't get interviews for a month or 2 after the test? interesting... so different than the boys..
Page 3 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries