Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Mixing yellow and white gold jewelry

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 5:40 am
Can you weigh in?
I have white gold jewelry but would like to get a yellow gold bracelet to be worn on the same hand as my white gold rings. Yay or nay?

amother
Dustypink

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 5:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can you weigh in?
I have white gold jewelry but would like to get a yellow gold bracelet to be worn on the same hand as my white gold rings. Yay or nay?

Depends on your personal style. No hard and fast rules.
You definitely can but it's a less cohesive look, which is fine if it jives with you

mizle10

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 6:28 am
I wear a yellow gold ring on the same hand as a white gold tennis bracelet. I like the look.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 6:41 am
Very in style now.

I have a ring that's a mix of silver and yellow gold.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 6:41 am
I like mixing white and yellow gold.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 6:49 am
Way back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, when I was just becoming aware of fashion, my grandmother beat it into my head that mixing metals was a sin against good taste.

Even now I have a hard time with it! I do like the tricolor mix with rose gold. The rose gold seems to pull everything together.

If we were talking rings on the hands (not stacking rings) mixing metals could look odd. I think a ring and a bracelet together would be enough of a separation that you could get away with it.

My grandmother was the queen of all things "in style", and was obsessed with "the classics" like having cashmere sweaters, a good set of pearls, no white shoes or stockings from Labor day until Easter. (Not because of religion, but just as a guideline.) Absolutely no black in the summer, but navy blue was OK. She had a million other rules, and every time I went to visit she took the opportunity to educate me. She said she didn't bother with my sister, because sis was "hopeless".

All of this advice was given with a big dose of "What will the neighbors say?" "It just isn't done." "That looks so tacky." and such.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 6:57 am
I love two tones.

amother
Caramel

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 8:21 am
What about mixing yellow and white bracelets? I’m trying to create a stack of my brackets now that it’s in style to stack and was wondering if it works to mix?

amother
Almond

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 9:10 am
My DD22 thinks it is horrific. I also thought so at that age.

In my 40’s I have no idea what is “In style”. I have enough confidence to wear what I like. I have no issue wearing my yellow gold engagement ring with my diamonds tennis bracelet which is set in white.

Necklace is whatever goes best with the top/dress and earrings should compliment the necklace (although sometimes I am too lazy or rushed to change out of the studs)

amother
Almond

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 9:13 am
amother Caramel wrote:
What about mixing yellow and white bracelets? I’m trying to create a stack of my brackets now that it’s in style to stack and was wondering if it works to mix?

I imagine if they are relatively evenly balanced you are fine, if they are mostly white with one yellow stick in it will look like you are just wearing everything you own. (But you can put the one yellow on the other hand with the watch).

They need to have balance and a common theme, not just a hodgepodge.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 9:38 am
My kallah watch is yellow gold and my rings are white gold. This is my default.

saralem

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 10:44 am
It’s fine! Enjoy the jewelry!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics