Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
How to see check remaining memory on Android? one drive sub

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 9:40 pm
cription is ending. I verified that I signed up for this, and they just emailed me that it's expiring soon and if I don't pay, I'll be over my limit on my cell phone and it looks like my gallery, all my pictures are on there. What's the difference between storage and memory? Both are about 70% used, but does that include the one drive subscription, how do I know if I need to continue this subscription so I don't lose anything versus them just wanting me to spend extra money?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 3:51 pm
??

DallasIma

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 4:38 pm
This might be a scam. Be careful. It might be what's known as a "phishing" email that didn't really come from Microsoft, and if you click on any links in the email it might put a virus on your phone. You don't want that.

You can back your pictures up to Google Photos or (if you're an Amazon Prime member) Amazon photos. If you have a computer and you can connect your phone to your computer, you can also back your pictures up to your computer.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 8:10 pm
I updated the original post. I did sign up for one drive and not sure if I need to continue or if my phone has enough memory.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 9:14 pm
Bump

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 3:08 pm
Bump

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 9:32 pm
Can someone help me figure this out please?

singleagain

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 10:04 pm
It would appear that imamother doesn't have the answer to your question. May I suggest googling the question, or posting to Reddit or a Facebook group about this?

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 10:28 pm
A lot of times, the pictures you take are not ALL stored on your phone. Some of them may have been uploaded to OneDrive and/or Google Photos and taken off your phone (except for a small preview).

"Storage" on your phone is the amount of storage space. If it is 70% used, you still have a decent amount of space. But if your pictures were uploaded to OneDrive and REMOVED from your phone, stopping your subscription COULD mean losing those pictures. I would suggest that you go to OneDrive on your computer and download all of your files, just in case.

Memory is how much capacity your phone has to run programs. It has nothing to do with saved data.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 7:38 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
A lot of times, the pictures you take are not ALL stored on your phone. Some of them may have been uploaded to OneDrive and/or Google Photos and taken off your phone (except for a small preview).

"Storage" on your phone is the amount of storage space. If it is 70% used, you still have a decent amount of space. But if your pictures were uploaded to OneDrive and REMOVED from your phone, stopping your subscription COULD mean losing those pictures. I would suggest that you go to OneDrive on your computer and download all of your files, just in case.

Memory is how much capacity your phone has to run programs. It has nothing to do with saved data.
Would my phone have stored it on one drive without asking me, instead of on the phone?

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 12:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Would my phone have stored it on one drive without asking me, instead of on the phone?

Try turning off your wifi and cell (put it in airplane mode and turn off wifi). Check your gallery. Any pictures you can see (click and open a few to make sure they are full size) are all on your phone.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 9:14 pm
Try turning off your wifi and cell (put it in airplane mode and turn off wifi). Check your gallery. Any pictures you can see (click and open a few to make sure they are full size) are all on your phone.
thanks for the helpful suggestion. Most or all are there.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 10:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thanks for the helpful suggestion. Most or all are there.

In that case you should have nothing to worry about. Your photo backup on One Drive will be deleted, but your pictures are also on your phone.

I would recommend that you back them up to Google Drive or your computer in case something happens to your phone, though.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 03 2022, 10:35 pm
In that case you should have nothing to worry about. Your photo backup on One Drive will be deleted, but your pictures are also on your phone.

I would recommend that you back them up to Google Drive or your computer in case something happens to your phone, though.
How do you back up to Google drive?

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Feb 03 2022, 10:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How do you back up to Google drive?

Download the Google Photos app to your phone. It will ask you if you want to back up all your photos to your Google account. Choose "yes" Smile

(You can choose to back up the original photo which will take up more space, or only a smaller version if you're worried about space online and anyhow plan to look at your pictures, not really print most of them. I pay $1.99 a month for more storage on Google because I don't want to worry about it.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics