Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
Adar alef/bais interesting cases
Previous  1  2

amother
Turquoise

Post Sat, Feb 05 2022, 8:44 pm
My oldest son was born on the 7th of adar shaini. He has two cousins who are each a few weeks older than him, one born in the 13th of adar aleph, one born on the 22nd of adar aleph. My son's bar mitzvah was before both of his younger cousins.

Another of my sons was born on the first day of rosh chodesh adar bais, the date of which is lamed adar aleph. In a non leap year, adar doesn't have a lamed, so he has no birthday. His bar mitzvah needed a psak (which I don't recall...I think we did כ"ט adad aleph?)

amother
Hibiscus

Post Sat, Feb 05 2022, 8:47 pm
2 kids born in Adar. One just plain Adar and the other Adar I. Their birthdays are 1 month apart some years and 1 day apart other years.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 05 2022, 10:05 pm
amother [ Stone ] wrote:
My (very precocious) son was very sad that there will still be 3 Adars before his upsherin. And the leap year was the year he turned 2.

This year he decided to celebrate both birthdays, so if you ask how old he is, he's 'pretend 5'.

We actually are planning a sweet 16 for my mom this year. LOL
LOL

amother
Purple

Post Sat, Feb 05 2022, 10:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Does anyone here know of interesting cases that come out because of the two adars, (which most years it's only one). Like I heard its possible that a person and his cousin be born in the same year. One on the middle of adar alef and one on the beggining of adar beis and when it comes the time of their bar mitzvah the year is reg. and the later becomes older first. Anyone have any stories like this ?

My grandmother passed away on Rosh Chodesh Adar, and my grandfather passed away between Purim and pesach. This year, my grandmother's yartzheit was already, but my grandfather’s won’t be until after Purim, which is in Adar bet.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sat, Feb 05 2022, 10:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Does anyone here know of interesting cases that come out because of the two adars, (which most years it's only one). Like I heard its possible that a person and his cousin be born in the same year. One on the middle of adar alef and one on the beggining of adar beis and when it comes the time of their bar mitzvah the year is reg. and the later becomes older first. Anyone have any stories like this ?

Op, you keep on saying that the younger one "becomes older first." I think you mean celebrates his birthday first. The younger one will still always be younger, even if he had his birthday first.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 05 2022, 10:22 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Op, you keep on saying that the younger one "becomes older first." I think you mean celebrates his birthday first. The younger one will still always be younger, even if he had his birthday first.
I thought that maybe halachicaly he will be considered older although not practically. Well maybe I am wrong.

amother
Pear

Post Sat, Feb 05 2022, 10:49 pm
My son became bar mitzva this year in shvat and has no bar mitzvas in his class for another whole month! He can't wait to have more bachurim join in shachris minyan.

My other son was born at the end of adar alef and I had to know if the year of his bar mitvza it'll take place before Purim or after Purim (if there's no leap year). BH it'll be a leap year too. But other years, my niece who was born 4 weeks after him celebrates her birthday 2 weeks before him.

amother
Pear

Post Sat, Feb 05 2022, 10:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I thought that maybe halachicaly he will be considered older although not practically. Well maybe I am wrong.

Yes, when it comes to bar mitzvas, he is halachically older.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Sat, Feb 05 2022, 11:37 pm
Not exactly the same, but my daughter was born on yud av and the year she turned Bas mitzvah tisha bav was a nidcheh. Interesting halachic discussion.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days