Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Do you know some graphology? dd's interesting drawing

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 05 2022, 9:21 pm
I can't figure this out online but I would love to hear what you have to say Smile

Dd5 came home from gan with a picture she had made.

It has the standard looking grass, house, sun.
But what's funny is that it has TWO houses (next to each other) and TWO suns (one in each corner)

Any idea of what this can be an indication of?

amother
Mintcream

Post Sat, Feb 05 2022, 9:29 pm
Why don’t you ask her?

seeker

Post Sat, Feb 05 2022, 9:39 pm
I wouldn't overthink it.

seeker

Post Sat, Feb 05 2022, 9:39 pm
She likes to draw houses and suns and didn't feel finished after just one. She put one in each corner because symmetry is a natural inclination.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sat, Feb 05 2022, 9:43 pm
This isn't graphology- that's handwriting. It's more like what's done in art therapy or the like.

A) As was said above, don't worry too much. There's a famous story in art therapy about a kid who always drew in black and got called to the school psychologist. It turns out all the other kids grabbed the other colors first. It could be anything. Ask her to tell you about her picture.

B) If she tells you there is one house and one sun, get her eyes checked. You'd be surprised how many things this explains.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 06 2022, 11:37 pm
I asked her, and she explained that "one is our old house, and one is our new house, and I made a sun for each."

Ummm.... There is no old house and new house....

amother
Freesia

Post Sun, Feb 06 2022, 11:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I asked her, and she explained that "one is our old house, and one is our new house, and I made a sun for each."

Ummm.... There is no old house and new house....

maybe your "old house" is your current house, and she's hoping you'll move into a new one

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Feb 07 2022, 12:44 am
Or maybe she just likes drawing houses.
It really sounds like a pretty standard gan picture from what it sounds like. I wouldn't overthink it.
Also maybe one of her friends drew this picture and she copied it. Maybe her friend moved house recently.
In my daughter's five-year-old gan, it's actually surprisingly common for the whole gan to end up drawing the same 'free style' picture because they just love copying each other.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Mon, Feb 07 2022, 1:35 am
Kids do this often. Nothing unusual about it.

DrMom

Post Mon, Feb 07 2022, 2:49 am
Graphology = handwriting analysis, not deconstructing kindergarteners' drawings.

sequoia

Post Mon, Feb 07 2022, 3:30 am
DrMom wrote:
Graphology = handwriting analysis, not deconstructing kindergarteners' drawings.

But equally rigorous.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics