Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Scared of Hashem, so how do teshuva instead of distancing?

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 9:14 am
I keep hearing about all of these tragedies and that we have to do teshuva and come closer to Hashem. My problem is, why would I want to come closer to Hashem- I am so scared of Him, so scared of which next shoe will drop, who will be next chas vshalom... All these tragedies do not make me want to be close to Him! I keep distancing myself, I'm not angry, I'm just afraid of Him. Yes, I am trying to work on my emuna but I am still so scared of Him and pushing myself away

advocate

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 9:42 am
He is seeing, for sure.

Can you try to imagine looking at yourself from far off, with love?

https://www.torahanytime.com/#.....73230

Thiscreminds me if today's clip

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 12:01 pm
41793371 wrote:
I keep hearing about all of these tragedies and that we have to do teshuva and come closer to Hashem. My problem is, why would I want to come closer to Hashem- I am so scared of Him, so scared of which next shoe will drop, who will be next chas vshalom... All these tragedies do not make me want to be close to Him! I keep distancing myself, I'm not angry, I'm just afraid of Him. Yes, I am trying to work on my emuna but I am still so scared of Him and pushing myself away

There's a line from the yamim noraim davening, about how we run away from Hashem to the only real source of refuge, I.e. to Hashem.

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 2:37 pm
how?

Cheiny

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 2:41 pm
41793371 wrote:
how?

Talk to Him in your own words, every day. Tell Him all your fears, all your needs, ask Him to help you. That’s how you build a.personal relationship with Him. Think of Him as your loving Father Who knows what’s good for us much better than we do, even though our human minds can’t conceive how certain things can be good… much of the tragedies we see are necessary events because of a previous gilgul, also things we can’t comprehend… read some good books on emunah or listen to Torah Anytime on the subject.
Pray for Moshiach, at this point it’s the only thing that will ease all the suffering.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 2:42 pm
41793371 wrote:
how?

If you were asking me I don't know what to say other than it's a lifelong avodah.

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 2:53 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Talk to Him in your own words, every day. Tell Him all your fears, all your needs, ask Him to help you. That’s how you build a.personal relationship with Him. Think of Him as your loving Father Who knows what’s good for us much better than we do, even though our human minds can’t conceive how certain things can be good… much of the tragedies we see are necessary events because of a previous gilgul, also things we can’t comprehend… read some good books on emunah or listen to Torah Anytime on the subject.
Pray for Moshiach, at this point it’s the only thing that will ease all the suffering.

This is my problem. I'm scared of Him

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 2:56 pm
41793371 wrote:
This is my problem. I'm scared of Him

What would you say if you weren't scared? Still having questions, everything else, but not too scared to interface with Him.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics