Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
How does the Mockingbird double compare to the UPPAbaby dou?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 13 2022, 8:55 am
I was all set to buy the UPPAbaby when a friend said she heard the Mockingbird is pretty similar but way cheaper. Since I can't try the Mockingbird anyone have it and can compare? It would be nice to save the money, but if the UPPAbaby is really better and will last longer, then I'd go with it....

amother
Quince

Post Sun, Feb 13 2022, 9:20 am
No idea how the other is but the mockingbird double is horrible with a newborn on top and a toddler on the bottom. I assume the uppababy is the same though. I returned my mockingbird for a side by side stroller because it was just too difficult to push. Every small bump in the sidewalk and turn I had to take was a struggle.

It’s a beautiful stroller though. Great storage. I had a very very positive experience with customer service. As a single stroller I loved it.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Feb 13 2022, 9:28 am
I have it, using not as a single now and love it

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Sun, Feb 13 2022, 9:37 am
I have the mockingbird double and it’s very hard to push when both of my toddlers are in it

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 13 2022, 2:19 pm
For those saying it's difficult to push...are any doubles easy to push though (aside from side by side)?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 13 2022, 9:33 pm
bump

amother
Quince

Post Sun, Feb 13 2022, 11:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
For those saying it's difficult to push...are any doubles easy to push though (aside from side by side)?

Probably not. What is your reason for not wanting a side by side? I was so against having one but after my experience with the mockingbird double my mind was completely changed. I guess function/practicality over beauty….

amother
Vanilla

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 4:58 am
An inline stroller such as the uppababy is by nature going to be more difficult to push. You have uneven weight distribution, it's much longer with a long turning circle and it's going to be harder. It's the difference between driving a bus and a car.
I also don't like how usually one child is stuck under the other child and all they can see are the wheels and the seat above.
I personally prefer side by side double strollers. The mountain buggy duet is pretty narrow with a tight turning circle-when we measured it, it was actually narrower than my single bugaboo stroller. These days a lot of the strollers come with special edition versions if style is a factor.

amother
Quince

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 11:00 pm
Btw if you do end up deciding to go with the mockingbird the company lets you return the stroller if you aren’t happy with it. If you purchase it from them they have a trial period (I believe it is 30 days).
Or If you have a time flexibility you can wait for the next target car seat trade in event (I think there is one in April usually) and find someone who has an expired car seat for you to trade in for a coupon for a discounted baby item and use it on a new stroller (that is what I did).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics