Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
UPDATE! Please daven for Chosson ally injured at his wedding

Living Princess

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 7:44 am
Itai ben Ahuva

The Yeshiva World

TEHILLIM: Israeli Chassan In Critical Condition After Falling At His Wedding
February 14, 2022
A wedding in the city of Modiin ended on a frightening note after the chassan received a serious head injury from falling from a height of almost ten feet (3 meters), Ynet reported

As is done at countless weddings, the friends of the 34-year-old chassan had lifted him up on a table as part of the dancing and he somehow fell backward off the table, hitting his head on the floor and instantly losing consciousness.

Paramedics were called and he was evacuated to Sheba Medical Center in Tel HaShomer, where he was hospitalized in the ICU, sedated and ventilated. Unfortunately, his condition did not improve overnight and doctors reported on Monday morning that they are continuing to fight for his life.

HaRav Yehudah Meizlik, who officiated at the chasunah and has been close to the chasan since he became frum ten years ago, told Channel 12 News: “They lifted the chassan on a table and at a certain point he apparently lost his balance and fell on the back of his head from a height of three meters. He lost consciousness and the soundman at the wedding, who’s a senior MDA paramedic, administered emergency medical aid.”

“There was screaming and commotion. He’s a wonderful bachur, a successful accountant who waited a very long time to get married. It was such a happy and big wedding and it ended in tza’ar. His wife accompanied him to the hospital in her wedding gown. We have to stop this dangerous minhag of lifting [the chassan and kallah] at weddings.”

The dancing at the wedding prior to the terrible accident.
Israeli singer Amiran Dvir responded similarly to the incident, stating: “Perhaps it would be worthwhile to end the minhag of lifting the chassan on a table. This isn’t the first chassan that was injured as a result of it.”

The soundman, Pini Rotshtein, later posted a video on social media, saying: “I can’t get the sound of the screaming of the kallah and his parents out of my head. All the members of the band and myself are accepting upon ourselves, and I hope that other bands join us, to stop the music if they lift the chassan in a dangerous way.”

The public is asked to daven for Itai ben Ahuva l’refuah sheleimah b’toch shaar cholei Yisrael.

(YWN Israel Desk – Jerusalem)

Last edited by Living Princess on Sat, May 07 2022, 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cheiny

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 7:47 am
May he have a refuah shelaima. Heartbreaking, and hopefully the dangerous trend at weddings and bar mitzvahs will end.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 8:37 am
Chareidi site Kikar hashabbat has an article with many singers and musicians pledsing begging and screaming to stop this dangerous thing! There is no excuse whatsoever why this should be accepted.

seeker

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 9:08 am
Quote:
The soundman, Pini Rotshtein, later posted a video on social media, saying: “I can’t get the sound of the screaming of the kallah and his parents out of my head. All the members of the band and myself are accepting upon ourselves, and I hope that other bands join us, to stop the music if they lift the chassan in a dangerous way.”

Kudos to them for taking an actionable lesson. It's no help to this victim but I never did understand why people aren't scared to throw people around like that.

Praying for a refuah sheleima. I don't believe in laying blame after something happens but I do believe in being proactive and avoiding unnecessary risks.

b.chadash

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 9:46 am
Oy Hashem Yishmor.

I also think they need to stop the juggling of fire at weddings.
I was at a wedding where the juggler dropped his torch and had to be taken to the hospital for burns.

miami85

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 9:47 am
While it's tragic, and I wish the chassan a refuah shlayma, there are ways to do it safer to prevent injuries. In the decades that it has been customary at weddings there have been relatively few accidents.

camp123

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 10:01 am
miami85 wrote:
While it's tragic, and I wish the chassan a refuah shlayma, there are ways to do it safer to prevent injuries. In the decades that it has been customary at weddings there have been relatively few accidents.

Relatively few is a few too many!!!!!!!
Even one accident should be enough to stop this practice. Its unnecessary so why take even a tiny risk.

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 10:20 am
Said Tehillim.

May he have a Refuah Shelaimah.

Living Princess

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 10:43 am
b.chadash wrote:
Oy Hashem Yishmor.

I also think they need to stop the juggling of fire at weddings.
I was at a wedding where the juggler dropped his torch and had to be taken to the hospital for burns.

There was a wedding a few days ago in Bnei Brak where they brought some type of party popper that exploded and a few people were injured.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 2:29 pm
miami85 wrote:

That custom should IMHO be abolished. There is a mitzvah of " ve nishmartem meod"

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 2:31 pm
Living Princess wrote:
There was a wedding a few days ago in Bnei Brak where they brought some type of party popper that exploded and a few people were injured.

Correct. Last week. It was a home made party pepper which caused people to be hospitalized! And not light injuries!

Dina2018

Post Thu, Feb 17 2022, 3:41 am
any updates?

heidi

Post Thu, Feb 17 2022, 5:14 am
I often find myself holding my breath at Israeli weddings. There is also this thing where 2 rows of people facing each other throw the chattan or kallah around. It makes me crazy.
I hope this is a wakeup call

rachelli66

Post Thu, Feb 17 2022, 5:32 am
The Chosson's name has been changed to Itai Chaim ben Ahuva.

keepingbusy613

Post Fri, Mar 04 2022, 2:41 pm
Any update? Hashem yishmor

NewYorkgal31

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 7:08 am
Any update?

Another mom

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 1:41 am
I just read - a nes!!
He woke up and recognized the Kallah (pic). Moves his hands and still needs tfilos,
Baruch Hashem!!!! Hooray

https://www.inn.co.il/news/544511

Living Princess

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 2:21 am
Another mom wrote:
I just read - a nes!!
He woke up and recognized the Kallah (pic). Moves his hands and still needs tfilos,
Baruch Hashem!!!! Hooray

https://www.inn.co.il/news/544511

B"H!!!!

Living Princess

Post Sat, May 07 2022, 12:18 pm
https://www.israelnationalnews.....27113

B"H he is fully functioning!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics