Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Who puts the kids to sleep for the night?

Who puts the kids to sleep for the night most of the time?
I do  
 46%  [ 23 ]
my husband  
 12%  [ 6 ]
both do  
 40%  [ 20 ]
they are old enough to know when its bed time and they go on their own  
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 50

proudmom

Post Sun, Jun 26 2005, 12:39 pm
I put my kids to sleep for the night because my DH comes home too late for that. but on weekends he helps me with it

IndyMom

Post Sun, Jun 26 2005, 2:55 pm
My husband does bedtime. I do naptime.

smile

Post Sun, Jun 26 2005, 3:17 pm
both of us do it together. dh does the 2 yrs old and I do the 1 year old one. sometimes I have to do both and my oldest one doesn't like it so much. she misses dh doing it.

momtomany

Post Mon, Jun 27 2005, 3:15 pm
we do it together most of the time, otherwise I would do it. and sometimes if I'm really drained out he will do it all.

Post Mon, Jun 27 2005, 4:00 pm
we switch off, depending on who's more readily available. I think it's good that way, so they don't get used to one parent doing it, and when that parent can't one night, they won't throw a fit. I used to put my older one to sleep alsmost every night. but, as I got closer to my due date for my 2nd, I had my dh put her to sleep, too, cuz I didn't want her to be upset when I was in the hospital and not able to put her to sleep.

shira

Post Mon, Jun 27 2005, 4:35 pm
I put my baby to bed by myself from the time he was born till I was in the hospital with my second. I was so anxious about the hospital stay and being away but I have to give both my husband and then 22 month old credit- they did a great job! I think next time iy"h I may even go to the bait halchlama (convelescent home) for a few days.

supermom

Post Mon, Jun 27 2005, 5:49 pm
great choice shira!! by then you will have three free days there anyway you should defintly take advantage of it.

I put my kids to bed most of the time, and sometimes sister in laws or dh when he is home and kids are still up which is not often.

baby's mom

Post Mon, Jun 27 2005, 7:52 pm
Quote:
we switch off, depending on who's more readily available. I think it's good that way, so they don't get used to one parent doing it, and when that parent can't one night, they won't throw a fit.

I agree. We do the same. Besides, it gives me a break! Wink

Tefila

Post Mon, Jun 27 2005, 7:55 pm
Quote:
we switch off, depending on who's more readily available

0613 Ditto though usually it's me Wink

raizy

Post Sun, Jul 10 2005, 1:30 am
We both put them tosleep but how do u make them stay in there beds after that??????

proudmom

Post Mon, Aug 01 2005, 11:10 am
Raizy, I have that problem too. It is really hard. With my oldest I try to compromise with her. If she stays in bed she gets something that she likes. If she leaves she gets it taken away from her.

lucky

Post Tue, Aug 02 2005, 12:05 am
Bedtime gets harder when the kids r older. I can't exactly tell a 9th grader not to come out of bed when she keeps on reminding herself of VERY important things that can't wait till tommorow. Also my 3 boys sleep in one room, amd If I don't stand "shomar" they would go to sleep midnight. And yes when tatty puts them to bed the house is nice and quiet by 9:15.

bgk

Post Tue, Aug 02 2005, 1:29 am
It's so interesting. we have the same thing. When I put my kids to sleep they start jumping, screaming, singing etc and end up going to sleep very late, even so they were in their beds by 9 p:m. But when my husband does it everyone is sleeping by 9:15
Could someone please explain this to me?

Tovah

Post Mon, Aug 15 2005, 12:04 am
I usually put them both to sleep but sometimes my husband will put rivky to bed.

chavamom

Post Mon, Aug 15 2005, 7:01 am
I have those that put themselves to bed, some that just want me to come in to say shema with them and some that need more help. My husband and I both do it depending on who is available. So where do I fit in the poll?

dee elle

Post Sun, Aug 21 2005, 3:10 pm
I do and we have a lovely "ritual" of saying goodnight to everyone in the extended family.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Mon, Aug 22 2005, 10:35 am
I put the boys to sleep.
Kids are usually more afraid of their dads. dad is usually more the authoritive figure, in my moms house it's just the same, the children cry and throw tantrums, but if my dad happens to walk in, suddenly there is no problems and e/thing is peaceful.. that's just how it is usually.

shoy18

Post Mon, Aug 22 2005, 10:42 pm
I usually do. On the rare occasions my hub puts the baby to bed he thinks its a game and refuses to go to bed. Whenever my hub is around my baby is attached to him and cries when he leaves or puts him down.

nechamashifra

Post Sun, Sep 18 2005, 12:04 pm
Notyetamommy, why did you choose your screen name if you are a mommy
Quote:
I put the boys to sleep.

Sorry for putting my big nose in, but I'm just asking out of curiosity. Confused
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics